• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Problem...

bitsmart

My only problem finding a host right now is not that my ideal host doesn't exist (it's so simple it has to exist.) My problem is that while searching this site's database for a domain host, the search results usually don't host domains. Often they only give subdomains. As a suggestion, I think Peo should clearly indicate somewhere whether TLDs are actually hosted, not lump them together. Take http://www.digitalrice.com for instance. It turned up in the search results for domainhosting, and domainhosting is listed in the features on the description page, but they charge for domainhosting. Naturally, with as many 'domain hosts' as there are it makes my job of wading through this mess much harder.

Perhaps I'll do better just asking here:

Is there a 'domain' (not subdomain) host that is currently accepting signups, gives at least 20 megs of space, a integratable banner or popup ad, FTP upload, Perl, and PHP? Is it pretty reliable and not run by and adolescent? POP3 email accounts would be a bonus, but since there seems to be a SERIOUS lack of these on the 'Net, I won't push my luck.

Thanks for your help all, I'm just at my wit's end.

Back