• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

problem with this burnt CD!!

sash

i burnt a cd with some mp3's that had long filenames. but, in nero, the option that said max filename 30 characters was checked, so the songs were burnt with the same 30 character filename, even though they have different file sizes. i can't access any file other than the first track, since they all have the same filename. when i click a different song, the first one will load up. when i tried to copy it to my hard drive, it just copies the first track over and over again. is there any way i can access my files without having to redownload them?

i hope you can see my screen dump, i had to compress it a lot to get it under 15000 bytes.

Attachments

• damn.jpg
    damn.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 25
Try creating different directories on your hard drive.
Ex: C:\Gump\Gump1
C:\Gump\Gump2
C:\Gump\Gump3

etc...

Then copy one file to each directory. It's tedious, but it should work.

hmm, tried but it didn't work. it wants to access the other files, but it asks the CD for the file according to filename, and the CD just sends the first one. you get what im saying?

Well, I can't think of any good solutions, so you might as well copy your mp3s the old, hard way.

First, copy the first file on the, then rename it to "gump01.mp3". Repeat...

LeX: sorry, that doesn't work
NC_TOM: thank you
Koolguy: i had, chris rock - bigger and blacker, milk inc - i dont know the name of the album, gump soundtrack, dixie chicks- fly, crouching tiger soundtrack, and NWA - Niggaz4Life

out of these, gump and crouching tiger got stuffed up because of the filenames

Back