• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Private Nameservers Question?

Mustang

Just a quick question to hosts that knows about nameservers. Is it possible to create private nameservers other than .com, cause whenever I whois domains, all the nameservers appear to be NS1.xxx.com. So is it possible to create private nameservers something like NS1.xxx.ws? :confused4

Yes. As long as the domain registar allows registration of nameservers with different extensions.

I bought a domain from enom and when I go to access.enom.com with my username and password. All it was there was change nameservers and information.

vRecords said:
I bought a domain from enom and when I go to access.enom.com with my username and password. All it was there was change nameservers and information.
you can do it, its just in a differnt spot than most register's..
highlight domain at top after login go down to advance tools then register a nameserver

hope that helps :)

thanks
bryceton

Back