• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Power Calibration Error

MaGiCSuN

Hi there,

i have got this error since yesterday when i tried to copy a cd from someone else. I just copied the files to my harddrive, and then burned them. First it goes doing a speed measurement or something and then it goes burning. The burning doesn't start because THEN the error "power calibration error" comes up and the burn process failes.

Anyone got any idea? i have attached the screenshot from the error in this post.

also i use the same cd's i have tried before, and the ones i've tried before worked great. I use nero to burn and that worked awsome before too. Everything just worked fine....

Thanks !

Love,
Mirna

Attachments

• neroerror.gif
    neroerror.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 25
What spec is your machine? (i ask this to see if your computer can handle CD-Writing, aswell as other applications open).

Have you installed anything new recently?

Have you tried writing the disc at a lower speed? If not, try 2x.

if i knew what spec was i would answer the question, but i have no idea what it is :confused:

yep i have installed a webcam program, and coreldraw... that's all i know basically

i tried it yes. We tried 8x and 4x and also 2x but it all fails. The cd's are also blank, so it doens't write anything at all.

Thanks for your help

Love,
Mirna

maybe try a different program? Just see if that helps, it may be a localised nero problem, and the only way to find out is to try another proggy.

hmm,

how are you copying the CD?

CD to CD ?
HDD to CD ?

If you havent yet, try setting it to "Copy CD To Hard Disk" (i wouldn't know how to do this in Nero, i use NTI Pro)

I just use it like i've always used it
put cd in, copy files to the HDD, then burn those files on a new cd

would it make difference if i have the cd in the cd-rom (the one that has to be copied) ? couldn't be.. but stilll.

I just put the original cd in the cd-rom, then copy all the files, then put a cd in the burner and burn those files onto that cd

Cd to CD didn't worked allready BEFORE the error appeared, and i like the way i use above better anywayz :)

I will check my settings and see if it works. Thansk all

Love,
Mirna

Back