• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Post ONLY offers here, no requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since this site is mainly about Free Hosting we have decided to create a new forum for free hosts to advertise their offers (one thread per week only).

We already have a forum for pay hosts entitled "Webhosting offers". The same rules apply to this forum. If you offer free hosting do not post in "Webhosting offers". Also, please don't announce your new free service in the "Free Webspace" forum. Announce it in this section instead. If your service is cobranded by Muttle, 0catch, CommunityArchitect or some other service, we do not allow you to announce it on this forum.

If you have any questions or suggestions about this new forum, please let me know. Thanks.

These extra rules also apply here as they do in the Webhosting offers forum.
1. Only one new thread per week per host allowed
2. Don't push your own thread up
3. Web hosts are not allowed to reply to another web hosts thread, unless it's an offer for servers which the web host is honestly interested in.
Instead of bumping your thread, edit your first post with new information, thanks :)

I think that it's great that FWS.net has added a new forum to solidify its status as a community for free webspace discussion, although I am afraid that it will only serve to make the Free Webspace forum less interesting (since all the posts there will be requests). :)

It seems like big changes always happen at this forum when I'm on vacation. ;)

conker, the main reasoning behind this was to free up Webhosting Offers Forum for paid hosts. You know as well as I do that these "fantastic free offer" hosts come up often, and get much more attention than the paid hosts and as a result were always at the top of the forum. And how many of these were dead in less than 2 weeks?

At least this will give the paid host a chance to be seen without the emphasis being on wannabe hosts offering free hosting.

Also those that posted their offer in Free Webspace tended to get a lot more attention, leaving those looking for free hosting forgotten in all the excitement of "this great new free host"

Ah, I see. That does make sense. Some of those "fantastic free offers" have gotten several hundred replies, too! :eek: Well, thanks for the explanation, Jan.

I agree!

I've always been perturbed by the subject line:
"200Mb Free Host No Ads"
One didn't know whether it was an "offer," or just somebody fishing for a free host. This new system should eliminate that confusion.
Thanks.

Maybe you should add a rule about people asking to be hosted even if the host CLEARLY stated that his site is not allowed.

IE:
I've seen people ask for their forum only site to be hosted when the host said "Forum only sites are not allowed." or "Can you make an exception because my site is PHP-Nuke based" if the host says he doesn't allow PHP-Nuke/PostNuke websites.

Cobranded Hosts

Is there a list of websites which offer cobranded hosting services? I was thinking of signing up with one of them.

Also, which category are the cobranded services services supposed to be listed in?

Updated the topic for this thread to read "Post ONLY offers here, no requests". You can post requests in the forum entitled "Free Webspace" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back