• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Post Abuse

Todd

NLC
NLC
Lately there has been an increase in the number of people who are posting in the Free Web Space forum just for the sake of increasing their post counts. It was a bit out of hand because of most of the moderators taking time off over the Holiday season but that is hardly an excuse for intentionally increasing post counts.

I'm being unfair and singling out the two people who were obviously trying to inflate their post counts and I'm dropping them to zero posts. There are a few others who posted without reason but later stopped towards the end, you will find your posts are going to be reduced by the number of junk posts you made in that particular thread.

Please don't get out of hand again just because the moderators aren't around as much. If those who had their post counts dropped to zero want them back you can feel free to write the most apologetic messages possible to Peo and he will have the choice to give them back. I have taken note of how many posts you validly had before all of this.

Don't make me waste my time counting posts for individual users and modifying them.

Thank you.

Todd I agree, I tried to prevent the situation from escalating but the fighting went on. I asked questions to both sides about what really happened. I went to the truth. I am angry that people cannot act civilized and cannot keep a private discussion private. I repeatably said that.

Thanks for using your time to settle this matter. I hope you people responsible understand this and lower your voices. Nobody will be heard when you are screaming at each other. From inflamed rhetoric to bombastic promises undelievered, we really got to move away from that.

I just kept away from the ppl who were spamming .... i didn't wanna get into trouble for something i didn't do.

I fully agree with Todd. I stopped posting much in the post-countable forum since Dec 1 so that I won't get into any trouble.

No, for two reasons. The thread is probably deleted. And I don't understand which thread it was. There were several busy ones yesterday but this doesn't really fit any of them. I think they all were reported and for other reasons than spamming. :confused:

There have been a few 'disappeared', which was good. There was a lot of nasty stuff in them, and it went on far too long.

Many took advantage of where they were to boost their counts. Had they been spotted earlier or moved to general discussion, it would have died down very quick :rolleyes:

I don't remember now, but they are both posting about it in one of the threads about some "new" host in the free forum. One is Daz, I think.

If you didn't realize it yesterday Jan, all the 'spamming' on the remove-banner-script thread was because both I and I think several others reported it within minutes, so we knew it would be deleted and didn't think it mattered.

The only other one I noticed was the one where we tried to restore YUPAPA's honor after Daz' slandering. I honestly don't know if that counts as spam at fws. :confused2

Sheesh meow, I must have missed the 'remove banner' one :( That's what happens when you sleep I guess :eek:

Akalon :classic2:

NOOOOOO I was just letting him know discreetly that I wasn't telling :classic2:

Back