• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Possible redesign for my site...

Well, it's kinda obvious you intented your page to viewed with IE 5.5, since it's fuktup when viewed with NS without Javascript and says URL Not Found with Javascript. It's not spiced up with Opera, but it looks okay. Overall design good, I think, no opinions there.

[Edited by LeX on 01-20-2001 at 06:55 AM]

Depending when you saw it, it may not have looked the way it should have because for some reason I had some things linked to my local hard drive. So if you check it again it might look different.

Maybe designing it for all screen resolutions would be smart. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here.

That's on my 1280x1024 screen.

Mrh0ax : the sidebar looks fine for me in ie 5.5 the colours match to.

Nick : I tried to get it to look right at higher resolutions but I am having troubles with it, do you or anyone else know how to fix it?
Thanks.

No, I mean, you've forgotten completely the people still using NS, your page isn't NS friendly.

It looked fine with me using IE5.5 with 1024x768 resolution.

Originally posted by Dr Smooth
Nick : I tried to get it to look right at higher resolutions but I am having troubles with it, do you or anyone else know how to fix it?
Thanks.

Try NOT using %'s and be sure to use images and not backgrounds because they tile on big screens.

Well, to make it NS friendly, you just have to.... make it look allright with NS! :p Not much help here, eh? ^^"

If you have Dreamweaver, I think there's an option for debugging your coding to make it compatible with NS and IE, but I haven't tried those yet.

What I do is make a redirection index.html file that detects your browser type and relocates the user to your browser-friendly page. Ex, Netscape users get redirected to the file MainsiteNS.html and IE users get to the page MainsiteIE.html and Opera goes to MainsiteOP.html
The only problem is, you'll have a hard time updating every file..

I think it's funny how you people can go and blame your pages looking bad ON NetScape. Technically, it's YOUR fault. NetScape does HTML fine it's just not been made to correct your code for you like IE. I do all my coding reverse: NetScape first then IE that way they pages always lok fine the first time around :D.

But the features are soooo limited in NS that I prefer to make 'em by IE standards.

Back