• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Portland 403 forbidden

Shane

When i am going to the home page of http://www.portland.co.uk/ it say's

--------------------------------------------------------------------
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this means?

R u people getting the same message?

And Finnaly it's done! Someone Saved us and killed 300000 Cobrands :D:D:D

No, i think their server is down again :D

yup i got the same message. But my site is still up and FTP is working fine so thats good enough for me

Originally posted by wfi
yup i got the same message. But my site is still up and FTP is working fine so thats good enough for me

How in the blue hell do you run a site on only 100gbs bandwidth a month?

hey I'm running a very simple site with not many visitors (about 10 per day on average).. If I needed a site that needed more than 100MB of bandwidth per month, i would rather pay for it. Besides I don't use php, mysql etc (cause I am still trying to figure it out) so, portland oddly enough works well for me. At least for now.

Originally posted by unix

How in the blue hell do you run a site on only 100gbs bandwidth a month?
its 100mb, not 100gb

many people would signup if its 100gb :D

Anyway I don't get this error.

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

my credentials are bad :cry2:

Curiorsity!

Thanks everyone,
Now i can visit http://www.portland.co.uk but when i am trying to go to my domain hosted on portland servers it says

-----------------------------
ERROR 370

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL SALES@PORTLAND.CO.UK, SUBJECT ERROR370

------------------------------

What could be the reason???

What does this error means???

I can access the site okay in Australia.

FREE Internet Access
Portland offers free in-house dial up service for the UK.
from http://www.portland.co.uk/serverhosting.esp
Portland can now offer low cost server hosting with Intrascape Communications for only £40 per month.
The offer includes rental of a Compaq Deskpro 2000, Redhat Linux6.2 pre-installed (with full source), 24 hour support, 5 GB ofmonthly transfer & full online UPS backup.

New sign-ups take around 24 hours to activate. You will receive IP address and password information as soon as your order is accepted.<snipped the remainder>

Maybe it is an IP address block? :confused:

Yes, Portland. Go down.

The Portland should stop. Many try to cheat us for free hosting wihtout ads.

Go Down Portland

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Back