• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Port forwarding to different server?

NC_TOM

I can get u banned.
Hey,

Does anyone know how to forward a connection to a port on Server 1 so that it connects with the same port on Server 2?

Like for having MySQL on a separate server but still allowing the user to connect to the same server for all aspects of their account.

I know it can be done; can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Try (if your OS is UNIX)
man -k ...
where ... are/is keywords (port connection for example)
Better contact with comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix newsgroup. But they are very educated and one should be humble there (pleases are obligatory).

What we want to do is:
when somebody types localhost:3306 (on 216.12.210.4) it redirects them to mysql ( 216.12.210.22:3306 )

also any idea on how to allow mysql to accept connections from IP 216.12.210.4?

thanks!
e-mail Alex@KelmNetwork.com with a response :D

As I've understood you'd like to do the same as f2s did.
They have mySQL db at a different server. I set phpBB there and at the time of configuration install.php asked the server name to write it in the config.php. So it enough to perform connection to the other server:
mysql_connect("servername:port", "username", "password")

From DB FAQ f2s : Remote access via client database utilities is not possible as the databases are located behind a firewall.

If it is the case you are interested I can send phpinfo where there is their server settings to you with an e-mail.

Back