• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Popular search engine!

priyanka

Hi guys,
Whenever I need to search for any information, I use Google and at times Yahoo. Does any one use Altavista,Lycos,Infoseek,MSN etc.?
I think majority of people use Google. Which one do you use?

Bruce said:
Dogpile

Oh wait, it's not '99.

Google > *
Not for generalised names (eg. my fav pop group S.H.E, it pops up a bunch of unrelated searches in Google but not in Yahoo!)

trenzterra said:
Not for generalised names (eg. my fav pop group S.H.E, it pops up a bunch of unrelated searches in Google but not in Yahoo!)
Because Google doesn't do punctuation. And it's also Google's way of protecting you from bad music it seems. ;)

//edit

Though Yahoo! did buy Konfabulator and are giving ti away free, so I will give them some props for that, but I'm still not big on their search engine myself.

I stick to Yahoo because even though it's similar to google i just like yahoo better cuz i've used that since the begining

Bruce said:
Because Google doesn't do punctuation. And it's also Google's way of protecting you from bad music it seems. ;)

//edit

Though Yahoo! did buy Konfabulator and are giving ti away free, so I will give them some props for that, but I'm still not big on their search engine myself.
Meh it's not bad music mind you. It's Chinese pop.

Google since 99, before that Altavista. I went through a short excite phase a few years ago, when you had to create an account for some Pepsi CD promo, and thought a custom search engine was nifty, but it just became a bitch.

Back