• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please test for browser compatibility.

Well, Netscape 4.08 isn't "new"... anyway, it didn't quite work with Netscape 4.08. It got the first part right (800) but it gave me strange numbers to the length (53).

hmm .. i think it will work only with IE and maybe NS 6 ... but i don't have any version of NS to confirm that ..

I would've tested it out in Opera for you, but after I installed Opera 6 something went wrong and... it's dead. :mad:

You dislike NS or something? Why not download it? I have 3 different browsers, and have put all three into good use, including browsing websites and testing the compatibility of my pages.

Its not that i deslike NS, but I prefer IE and the last time I installed NS for some reason it messed up IE. Now that was on an old win 95 computer ... so probably i shouldn't worry now.
The other thing is that NS6 is more like IE , so if I want to download NS should i get an older version?

Mozilla 0.9.5:
No function at all.

Netscape 6.1:
No function at all.

Netscape 4.51:
No function at all.

Opera 6.0:
Works fine.

To make it work in Mozilla-based browsers:

Change:

if (Res.sel.selectedIndex == 0){

To:

if (document.Res.sel.selectedIndex == 0){

And you'll get it to partially work. The next problem is your use of multiple values for your select box. While you can use them in Mozilla, you can't the way you're trying to. You need to change:

w = document.Res.sel.options[document.Res.sel.selectedIndex].w
h = document.Res.sel.options[document.Res.sel.selectedIndex].h

To:

whArray=document.Res.sel.options[document.Res.sel.selectedIndex].text.split("x");
w = whArray[0];
h = whArray[1];

Now it gets the correct widths and heights, but all the windows are opened maximized since you've put spaces between your window attributes. Remove those and the script will work fine. In other words, change:

window.open ( val, '', config='height='+h+', width='+w+', toolbar='+tb+', menubar='+mb+', scrollbars='+sb+', resizable='+r+',location='+lb+', directories=0, fullscreen='+fs+' status='+st);

To:

window.open ( val, '', config='height='+h+',width='+w+',toolbar='+tb+',menubar='+mb+',scrollbars='+sb+',resizable='+r+',location='+lb+',directories=0,fullscreen='+fs+',status='+st);

Now you're all set.

Thanks Dusty.
I allready changed the code. I hope it will work now.
Actually the reason i did this was to check my own sites (as you suggested in another forum) so i didn't care much about NS.

I will download NS soon. I guess i can't avoid it :(
by the way .. you only use Ns and Opera? No IE at all?
According to some statistics IE has close to 90% of the market now ..

Back