• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

please suggest me some good & cheap multi domain host

antispyware

hello,

1) i have a few domains and i have hosting for only one domain at present. my host at present provides 5 addon domains and 5 parked domains.
shall i use this facility or choose a multi domain host?

2) what is the difference between using the facility of addon domains and parked domains, and ordinary hosting? are there any SEO concerns?

3) please suggest me some good & cheap multi domain host

thank you.

Those who posted offers,
Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose.

For instance, if someone asks, "I need at least 20 MB and FrontPage 98 support for less than $15, which host do you recommend?", then clearly this question is not directed to a webhost. It is directed to other webmasters who would be able to recommend a service.
http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43842

As for your questions antispyware,
1) addon domains is what you need, if you have multiple domains. So, if your hosting package gives you 5 addon domains, plus your main one, you could host 6 domains with that package. If you currently have 6 or less domains, stay with your current host. No need to change.

2) your cpanel account can hold multiple domains (addon domains). If you add a domain, it'll really just be a folder under your main domain.
ex:
main domain: domain.com
addon domain: second-domain.com
if you access both thruh a web browser, you will see each site, absolutely no difference. Except, when you login with ftp to your main domain, in your 'public_html' folder, you'd have a folder 'second-domain' that would contain the content of your second domain. Absolutely no difference as far as SEO is concerned.

3) if you own 6 or less domains, stay with your current host. If more, look around in the paid hosting offers, you'll find something that suits your needs and budget.

Just to emphasise:
Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose.

hello, thanks for your replies.
i have asked our host to provide more addon domains. and they said that i have to choose reseller package to get hosting for more domains.
they said i can get hosting for upto 100 domains.

shall i purchase a reseller package and host all my domains? ( i am planning to have more than 10 domains )
or choose a host who provides more addon domains?

If you think you will need more bandwidth or any other resources you better go for reseller package but if you will need just a space for the diff sites, well you better stay this way and just ask the host to give you more domains.

A.

Shared hosting with more addon domains is generally cheaper then reseller hosting for the same number of domains.

The reason is that you can resell the space on a reseller accounts, and hosts put a higher price ticket on reseller accounts for this reason.

If all those 10+ domains are yours, then it would make sense to find a shared hosting solution. If some of those are your friend's for example, you need to get a reseller account, as it enables you to give out one cpanel account per domain. So other people can create emails, databases, etc without bothering you to do it for them.

Back