• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

please review my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

john5171

Here is my site:

http://www.adscollection.com

Basically, it is a site where you can advertise your website or if you don't have a website you can post a microsoft word document such as a resume or an ad with pictures in doc file.

this is the first version so dont expect it to be super, tell me what you think,

thanks,

Hi,

That was a good start. Try to make it more attractive and appealing to the viewer with good color schemes.

Hope my inputs will be of use to you.

All the best !

thats actually a fantastic idea, you've executed it very well too. It does need a bit of a design refresh, but with the right design you could do very well with this site.

Here are some suggestions:

ditch the patterned background
fix the dual border thing, it doesn't really work in my browser (the margins between the borders are all off)

change the font, try verdana and try to keep a consistant theme (all hyperlinks one style, all regular text one style ect...) you can use css to achieve this very easily. Try to avoid the standard hyperlink styles as it feels a little outdated.

best of luck

thanks for all the advice, i changed the fonts, the background i didn't change yet because imo its better than plain white or maybe its just my monitor, not sure, i will probably change it later though.

looks like you took on board our suggestions:)

here are a few more.

for the homepage central box try this.

change the text to black/dark shade (333333 is a fave of mine), and make the background a yellow-ish, with a dashed border (style='border:dashed 1px {HEX FOR COLOR HERE}") then maybe have a light yellow to white gradient as the bg of the body.

Good idea. I submitted a site and when got to end and clicked 10 days free it went to a blank page? Is it functional or no?

I have a addthis button at the bottom of the main page, could that be the rreason why my page rank dropped to 0?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back