• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review my site

webguru72

PLease review my site.... Be precise and use constructive critisism.

http://www.webhosting-review.com

I like it, I do not know if I am missing something. if you have ideas please let me know.... it is supposed to rank web hosting providers. I plan to have advertisements on the right side. What do you think of the colors, themes, and logo.
Thank you
:angel:

i think its missing something..... hmm yeah thats it, my sites not on there LOL! I like the layout, and the star rating system, i dont know if im too fond of the colors but then again im colorblind so i dont know how much help i would be with colors anyway, other then that when you get the ads i think it will look good.

it looks like it was design 15 years ago. layout is straightforward but the colors and the implementation is pretty rough. I would say start from scratch

Your layout is a little plain and simple (to some people it won't come across as professional.)

With a review site you want to come across as an expert which should also be reflected in your sites layout. I would scrap the current layout and either have someone else design a nice professional layout or maybe purchase a template that you can modify.

you have given RACK SPACE site rating as 4stars and 1/2.
better to show half colored star instead of writing 1/2.
for the logo, blue over red, i think doesnt suit well.
simple and nice design.

The logo is awful. "Red and blue will not do". At the very least change the background to the yellow so it is easier to read.

Overall it looks rather ordinary.

The logo is awful. The colour scheme is awful, the links are wrong (why are the last two in a different font?) The background colour is way too saturated ... you've used #FFFFCC ... try #FFFFEE or something... the dark red will not go with the background colour - either make the background dark too - or make red bright and much less saturated (something like #FFEEEE). The links are plain - you could at least have the underline disappear when you hover over them, or something... and to top it all off you've got white links, blue links... and a red link, meanwhile all your text is black.
Code:
<link href="menu" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
that points to nothing (I don't know if there's more errors in your coding... I'm not checking), and by the way you've misspelled "individuals".

Back