• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please Review My Latest Design

R. K. Raja

Well, after toying around with 3 different designs in 2 weeks, I think I've finally finished something that I like.

Please see for yourself: http://www.protinium.net

I need constructive criticsm. Extensive reviews are welcome. I appreciate negative comments as long as they are constructive.

I want every aspect of my site to be perfect so you can be strict!

Things that you should consider:
- Is the grammar correct?
- Is there enough information?
- Is the purpose and services clear?
- Does the design fit and look professional?
- Is it good enough to get clients?
- Is there a need for a splash page?
- Does it load to slow?
- Anything else...

Yeah, I'm being picky, but I really want to make a design that everyone likes. I will do my best! Please rate my site, on 1- 10 or 100% scale preferably.

Thanks everyone for your help and input.

Last edited:
Pretty much everything looks great and all I can come up with are some (minor) faults:

1. Alternate the featured portfolio sites on the bottom of the pages or it gets kinda repetitive.
2. Add a TOS
3. Add general price ranges

This is just for asthetic appeal: add something to make the text fit the area you drew with the white lines. Looks kinda empty otherwise.

Very nice site however.

(Reviewed with IE6 on a cable connection in NY)

Homepage:

"it's almost necessary to have your own place on the internet"
"Internet" should be capitalized.

"Unlike most other web design companies that don't care for the customers"
I guess that works, but did you mean to say "their customers"?

"You don't want to have the same design as everyone else. You need to have a strong design that seperates your company from the rest."
"Seperates" is misspelled, it's "separates". You could use a semicolon there to link those two ideas closer together.

General updates:

"Pending design of of Protinium"
You wrote "of" twice.

You don't really need the periods since you're not using full sentences.

About:

"Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, Protinium Designs is a part of Repro Global, an IT consulting and software company which is a division of RE/PRO Consultants, Inc."
You're missing a comma between "company" and "which" but the sentence already has too many commas. Try reworking it, maybe something like "...part of the IT consulting and software company Repro Global-- a division of RE/PRO Consultants, Inc."

Services (Dynamic Website Design, etc.):

End the sentence before the link that talks about the form with a colon.

Custom Graphic & Logo Design:

Wrong header image, to being with.

"extravaganr"
Typo, "extravagant".

Forum Customization:

"Our services can customize your forums with the perfect combination of colors, text, and graphics to give it an attractive look that will make your visitors come back."
"Customize your forums ... to give it", you switch from plural to singular. Either change it to "your forums" or change "it" to "them".

"We can also install forums for you (hosting for forum also if needed) can go along $30 to $60."
First, avoid parentheses whenever you can. Second, that sentence is pretty screwed up. I think you want something like "We can install your forums for you for between $30 and $60 and provide you with hosting, if it's needed."

Website Maintenance:

"Having an up-to-date website is essential is proved to be effective."
That's wrong. I don't know what you're trying to say so I can't offer a suggestion how to fix it. "Having an up-to-date website is essential and is proved to be effective at (...whatever it is you're talking about)".

"up to date"
Either hyphenate this one like you did the other or remove the hyphens from the first.

"(This service is only for people already with websites)"
There needs to be a period at the end of that (inside the parentheses) and "with existing" would sound much better than "already with".

Content and Writing:

"Content gives a strong idea about you or what you have to offer to the visitors of your website."
I think "you and what you have to offer" makes more sense. For the second bit, keep an active voice: "...offer to your website's visitors".

META tag creation:

"Usually this problem relies on the lack of meta tags included in your pages."
Relying on the included lack... it might sound better said like this: "Your pages' lack of meta tags is this problem's usual cause."

"incredibly good price"
That's fine but doesn't sound professional, I'd say "competitive" instead of "good".

Search Engine Submission:

"every time of user"
Type of user, I think you mean... unless you're referring to users in all the different time zones, but I don't see the relevance in that.

"Your site will be submitted to...and much more!"
Many more.

"Our services can be done at lighting fast speeds to get your site out and into the open in the shortest possible time done with effeciency."
"Effeciency" is mispelled, it's "efficiency". "Our services can be done with efficiency at lighting-fast speeds to get your site exposed in the shortest time possible."

"...we can do all this for you!"
Never use the word "this" or "these" without immediately following it with the noun or verb you're talking about. If you want to keep the line, I'd change it something like "...we can perform all these services for you".

Web Hosting:

"People who have know technical knowledge"
No technical knowledge.

Domain Registration:

"...we will register you"
Register for you.

"Our services are best known for the ability to communicate with our customers"
Your services are? Don't you mean your company is, or possibly your services are best known for your company's ability to communicate with your customers?

"We are also welcome to any comments or suggestions that you may make on our services or the site in general."
You're welcoming yourself, "We also welcome any comments or suggestions on our services or our site in general."

Comments:

- slow; it takes about 80 sec for a page to load. But my connection has been unstable recently, but it would probably still be around 50 sec when my connection speed returns to normal.

- Well, it looks like the site isn't working for me anymore. Sorry, I can't review it. :( Maybe later.

Comments:

- slow (see other post); but it seems to have gotten faster a bit. I think it's the plethora of images that is hurting the speed.

- font is a little bit too small, hard to read

- consider using different image skins in the background for each of the main pages. It's kind of boring seeing the same thing over and over again, but keep. Maybe those pictures of people (especially those technicians) with a bluish tint would work very nicely. :)

- Aren't you supposedly offering "everything" a company using a website needs? What about the designing of scripts? Consider adding that option on your website.

- As for revising your written work (changes in brackets):

home.html
With the recent change in the computer industry [specify what "change", it's almost necessary to have your own place on the internet. If you're serious about doing business, you [will] need a unique [and] professional website that will attract your visitors, making them want to come back [shorten that entire segment into "keep the visitors coming back again and again"].

You don't want to have the same design as everyone else. You need to have a strong design that seperates your company from the rest. That's what we here at Protinium Designs are for [never end a sentence with a preposition]. We custom design your website the way you and your visitors want it.

Unlike most other web design companies that don't care for the customers, we do [do what? be more specific]. We stay in contact with our clients and create designs that appeal to all visitors.

Whatever you need, we will do [catchy, but inaccurate. Will you help me clean my room too? ;)]. Our guarantee is quality [very awkard wording] that cannot be found anywhere else. We look forward to doing business with you.

about.html
Protinium Designs is a leading IT web service that offers a number of services to fulfill every company's Internet needs [too long]. Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA [country is unnecessary], Protinium Designs is a part of Repro Global, an IT consulting and software company which is a [get rid of this entire segment and have "...and software division of] division of RE/PRO Consultants, Inc.

Our staff is very experienced with the Internet and web design [suggestion: change to "web designing and the Internet in general"]. Offering [wrong word] over five years of professional web design and expertise, Protinium Designs has developed into [too weak, just use "is"] a strong leader in the computer industry.

The goal of Protinium Designs is to satisfy our clients. To do that, we believe in quality. All of our work is done originally [hmm...work is done originally by hand? awkward structure] and creatively by hand and can easily compete with other companies that promise the same services [too weak, just use "the leading web designing firms on the Internet].

Our company has a strong hold [confusing, reword] and is managed by our experienced staff with [try the word "using"] state-of-the-art hardware that guarantees quality work. You cannot go wrong with Protinium Designs.

Other problems:
- registration, spelled wrong on "Services" page
- maintenance, spelled wrong multiple times including in an image
- "estimate price quote" sounds awkward (Services page)
- umm...on the META page, "priced at an incredibly good price" sounds awkard
- "at lighting fast speeds"? Do you mean "at lightning fast speeds"? (search engine)
- "efficiency" spelled incorrectly on "Search Engine" page

I don't want to go on here, but I think you get the point.

Content: A (94)
Layout: A+ (99)
Colors/Images/Formatting: A+ (98)
Technical: A- (90)

Overall (not an average): 95% (A NEW RECORD!)

GREAT!

Thanks very much for your comments! I fixed all of the problems mentioned.

I don't know how to write a good TOS. Is there anywhere I can get one for free?

The loading time seems to be a big problem. Is there any way to make it faster without hurting the overall look of the site?

I realize that seeing the same bg over and over for each page seems a bit boring, but I don't want to make the loading time even slower.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!
Please continue to leave your comments and review the site!

Making a "Terms of Service Agreements or Conditions" should be made to fit your business criteria... so you just have to specify, add, remove and change certain information. Use the legal sample document below but read everything and make sure you understand it.

===================================

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
By using this site, you signify your assent to these terms of use. If you do not agree to these terms of use, please do not use the site.

RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIALS
This site is owned and operated by [Your Company Name Here or Your Name]. (referred to as "[Your Company Name Here or Your Name]," "we," "us," or "our" herein). No material from the site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your non-commercial use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of [Your Company Name Here or Your Name]'s copyright and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. Except as otherwise indicated on this site and except for the trademarks, service marks and trade names of other companies that are displayed on this site, all trademarks, service marks and trade names are proprietary to [Your Company Name Here or Your Name].

In the event that you download any software from the site, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are non-exclusively licensed to you by [Your Company Name Here or Your Name]. [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] does not transfer title to the Software to you. [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] retains full and complete title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.

DISCLAIMER
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITEOR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT [Your Company Name Here or Your Name]) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this site, even if [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] or a [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] have any liability to you for damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise) for accessing this site.

OTHER
All claims, disputes or disagreements which may arise out of the interpretation, performance or in any way relating to your use of this site and any and all other [Your Company Name Here or Your Name] site(s), shall be submitted exclusively to the jurisdiction of the State or federal courts located in the County and State of [Name your state/province].

====================================

Regards,
John Mark

Content: 185/200
Speed: 190/200
Design: 190/200
Images matches layout: 190/200
Organised: 188/200

Comments: Nice one :)

Overall: 943/1000 Quite good

Originally posted by Archbob
Its having trouble loading here, thats strange.

You mean it doesn't load at all? Hmm... works fine for me and everyone else.

Where do you live and what connection do you have? Maybe its the DNS... :confused:

Back