• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PLEASE REVIEW: Mikhailtech, computer hardware site (new layout)

Three suggestions:

- Loose the Java buttons
- Loose the ad popup
- Fix broken images

Lose Java buttons, as in replace it with HTML code?
Popup/popbehind will go once we get enough traffic for a banner ad company (looking at Flycast, but they want at least 250k per month).
What broken images?

Originally posted by mikhail
Lose Java buttons, as in replace it with HTML code?

Yup.

Originally posted by mikhail Popup/popbehind will go once we get enough traffic for a banner ad company (looking at Flycast, but they want at least 250k per month).

If I wasn't reviewing the site, the popup would have made me close the site window. Popups are very unprofessional looking.

Originally posted by mikhail What broken images?

Nevermind, it just didn't load at the time I did the review.

I'm aware that popups suck, but it doesn't seem I can do anything about it at the momement. Unless you can recommend a good banner ad service (and please don't say Amazing Media).

Personally, I liked your old layout much better. This one looks like it was made in 10 minutes. Also, the site doesn't fit in a 800x600 resolution, so you're making 90% of your visitors unhappy.

What on EARTH are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!? This one DOES fit in 800x600, I have no clue what you mean, maybe you need to check it again. As for old layout, that one took half as much time as this one, and it did NOT fit in 800x600!!!!

it doesnt fit that well, i get a scroll bar at the bottom of my browser when i see it at that resolution.

Do you actually RESIZE your desktop to 800x600 (via the display properties) or do you just resize the window? That would make a BIG diff. Also, sometimes it's a bit bigger when we post large pics, other than that I think it fits....

Originally posted by mikhail
Do you actually RESIZE your desktop to 800x600 (via the display properties) or do you just resize the window? That would make a BIG diff. Also, sometimes it's a bit bigger when we post large pics, other than that I think it fits....
I keep my resolution at 800x600 all the time, I would know what resolution I have on my desktop.
If you don't believe me, look at this screenshot: http://www.coolin.f2s.com/800600.gif

Hmmmm, guess it doesn't resize all the way then. Oh well, at least it resizes a LITTLE, something the old layout didn't do at all. Thanks all. Anyone else?

Dang, now when I go to flycast.com I get engage.com. Did they switch names or something? Where's good 'ol flycast?!?!?!??! :D

Back