• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please Review ASAP

R. K. Raja

Hello.

Please rate this design: http://www.reproglobal.com/od/index.html

The guy I'm making it for wants it to look like Gamespot.com and/or better.

He told me to make an exact copy of it but I told him I can't.

So he wants me see if my design or the one on gamespot.com is better...

I don't really care if my design isn't better, just wanted to know what you guys think.

Well, I must say that GameSpot is better. Here's why:

- Bigger, easier to read font

- Explosive logo that really looks AMAZING

- More exciting and vivid colors (the gray/orange/white on your site is too boring)

Basically, Gamespot is a bit catchier. Also, your colors look very YaBB-ish, which is something you definitely want to try to avoid. Good luck in pleasing this customer! :)

Since you are in a hurry -

Good start. Agree with concer. Bigger initial font size and some spots of color. The font for the "link topics" is hard to read, had to guess the words. The hover color on the links is too close to the normal color. I'm not too hot on that fade script (but that's me). It makes the hover lag when you move the pointer over the links.

Overall it looks promissing. Keep at it. ;)

very nice, but the "back to top" link at the left bottom is hard to read...on netscape at least. (6.2)

Also, whats that blank area on top, under the logo but before the text?

I think it will be better than gamespot.com if you don't cram everything in one small space. Space everything out well.

I have no idea whatsoever.. except for that it's a heavily modified version of an old layout I have for a gaming site.

Good looking layout except for the images that have the Links and stuff written on them are to big I think. Make them smaller.

By the way you got any time to design a layout for me?

Back