• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please Help me!

insanelatino

I need to install a snitz forum and requires a cgi/asp web hosting. I signed up for digitalrice they seem to be good right now but they wont activate me for another 48 hours and cant wait that long.Can you please tell me a free webhosting which can host asp pages and has a cgi-bin . thanks in adavanced

I tried signing up with DigitalRice twice and in both times my account was never created. I have no idea why.

Originally posted by glade
I tried signing up with DigitalRice twice and in both times my account was never created. I have no idea why.

are you sure? They don't send you a confirmation email on the account setup. Try logging into the FTP with your username@digitalrice.com and password. I thought mine wasnt set up for a week and then i tried logging into FTP and surprisingly enuff it worked.

brinkster

I cant wait becuase i told the viewers at my site i would have the forums by monday. I have taken down my forums for weeks now. FOrums are probbaly the best way to create a database of members.ALl i need it is for a couple months becuase i plan on going with http://34sp.com which will host asp as long with everythinhg i need for $17 ayear.I recomend checking them out for hosting.

ya i got brinkster account but no ftp and no cgi. i mean iam greatfull they got free of ad webhosting but they should ad more stuff at least a ftp becuase there uploader sucks it always would mess up on me.

[Edited by insanelatino on 04-14-2001 at 11:20 PM]

Originally posted by el crapo
Originally posted by glade

are you sure? They don't send you a confirmation email on the account setup. Try logging into the FTP with your username@digitalrice.com and password. I thought mine wasnt set up for a week and then i tried logging into FTP and surprisingly enuff it worked.

Yeah, I used my digitalrice e-mail as my username, but it still didn't work. Strange.. I'll probably try again next time.

Originally posted by insanelatino
I need to install a snitz forum and requires a cgi/asp web hosting. I signed up for digitalrice they seem to be good right now but they wont activate me for another 48 hours and cant wait that long.Can you please tell me a free webhosting which can host asp pages and has a cgi-bin . thanks in adavanced

Why Snitz? Cant you just sign up at F2S or another CGI host and use a CGI board like Ikonboard or YaBB?

I don't see what's so good about Snitz forums, there's no reply button. The only way to reply is to hit the reply with quote button that's hidden somewhere.

Originally posted by Coolin
I don't see what's so good about Snitz forums, there's no reply button. The only way to reply is to hit the reply with quote button that's hidden somewhere.

lol Thats stupid! Good thing they don't hide the "new topic" or they would be in trouble! :) Only thing I can see why anyone would like snitz is 'cause it's in asp, if you prefer that over perl or php...

Lol i thought your right

Ya the reply button is alway at the bottom lol small as hell. i didnt see it. I think i will have to pick another one know any good forums? with aserver i can put it on?

Back