• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please help me find it!

frecke

I need more webspace!

I have a great website provider now, but the 20Mb storage is not enought. I need a place were I can storage my (leagal) mp3 files and some zip files for free.

The idea is to use my current webspace for the site, and the new place for the downloadable files.
I'll guess that it doesn't matter if there is ads. They wont show when there's no html-files.

Please help me find a place with:
at least 50-60 Mb storage
fast FTP upload
no filesize limit (at least 6 Mb/file)
no forbidden filetypes
ads are Ok

You Bandwidth Thief!

Frecke, I believe that your case constitutes an intentional circumvention of an FWP's ad system. If you want to host your files on an FWP different from your current FWP, then you should at least place the HTML file linking your downloadable files on the same host as your downloadable files, so the host will receive at least one banner impression per visitor; also, you could zip your mp3's and host your entire site (or just the download page) on Xoom, who is rich up to its ears.

To Cracker

Cracker >> A failure in communication. I will put the banner on my current download site, but I won’t show it on their server. I can’t see that it would matter.

Originally posted by frecke
I'll guess that it doesn't matter if there is ads. They wont show when there's no html-files.

I was going to comment on this when I first saw it, but held my tongue. If the 2nd FWP doesn't allow you to place ads, per se, then the honorable thing to do, would be to move part of the site to the 2nd FWP. What you were essentially asking for was free space and bandwidth, without any form of compensation to the 2nd FWP, and obviously that is a no-no.

Just realize that it may be costing your FWP $3 a Gb (maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less), so give them a break.

Back