• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please check out my Audio production site

Its cool but it has too many ads, also i'd put a big text in the main page saying what the software or http://www.audiomelody.com/ does.
In general the site assumes that the visitors knows about all the stuff there mentioned, i'd change that.
The banner in the forums is too wide

Whaddup Tim,
overall I really like the site, the design as well as the content. Looks very fresh, kinda semi-professional (quite simple, but oh well it loads like a freighttrain, prolly misspelled that one :) )... yet warm and charming.
After staring at the screen for a couple of more minutes and clicking some links there were some thigns I noticed that could definatly be improved, in my eyes at least.
To begin with I would personally center the whole shop, but some ppl prefer right centered, obviosuly.
You choose for that interchanging <td>'s with light-grey/grey background as 'main' table, these are nice when there's something to surrond them. Which is not always the case, take home page for example if you scroll to the bottom, there are no red tables left nor right to them, then it just looks bad. (on some pages you've got the long, red google ads wich extends the red-ness on the right, but then again there's nothing to the left) Also when theres no grey at all like on the "contact us" it just doesn't look right. Well the text-alignment in the center table is simply all screwed up too.
So how would I fix that? I would personally try to use that broder-shape u use on nav tables etc. to make the main table. Yes thats prety straight forward but then u'll have a solid table to put ur main text in. I suppose it doesn't have to be red, althoug it seems like a logical choice, just run some color maching proggy on that red and see what good ol' mathematics has to offer (www.easyrgb.com - you don't even have to install anything you can use it online)

Another thing then: you ve cut out that square in ur banner for that ad, sometimes there's no ad in it, which again ruins the whole thing.

And the last thing then: u forgot to stylize the submit buttons:)

Good luck with the site

Thanks for the help

Gastong - do you think that this would be better for my home page - http://www.audiomelody.com/index.php?/melodic/content/view/full/2

The in-depth reply is really useful S.Clause
- I will certianly take what you said on board

The red Google ads are just luck of the draw with their fill-rate - so I can't really change which ads I'm showing there

If I reduce the number of articles links I show on the page, so that it doesn't go down past the left and right columns - I would agree that that would look better.

I'll get onto some more formatting of the plain articles tomorrow though. You brought the miss-aligned title text to my attention!

Back