• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pleasant, but unusual

Let out the line. Steady your drift.

• cepi

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • cepisti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cepit

• cepimus

• cepistis

• ceperunt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dusty

NLC
NLC
My 56k modem is operating at 112k right now. Before you ask how this is possible, what I did to make it do this, why they can't make modems faster than 56k if it is possible, or if I'm lying: I don't know, nothing, can't say, of course not.

No, no, it's the connexion. I'm watching a download, it's fluctuating between 90 and 112k. It connected to start with at what it reported to be 56k, which is unusual in itself, as it's only done that once before (it's usually 48 or 49.2k).

cepere? what the hell. isnt the poll just a bunch of conjugations?

I'm confused.

good job on the connexion though :)

Perfect past tense of capio-ere. Good a poll as any, I say.

It was on my mind. I'm on Unit XII right now, which covers perfect past tense, personal pronouns, and possessive adjectives. I'm teaching myself Latin.

Oh, and the question was a quote from AI. Fairly good up until the flesh fair, then it turns Spielberg.

Anyway, it's slowing now. Still over 56k, though.

Originally posted by Dusty
Perfect past tense of capio-ere. Good a poll as any, I say.
Dusty, have you opened one of those old bottles of air and sniffed it? :confused: :p

All of you are so mean! Anyway, the bottles can't be opened because I don't remember what they're for and I wouldn't want to waste them-- it's not like I can get more, after all. I'm not even on speaking terms with Mr. Peabody. ;)

Goodbye David. I am.

(No, shouldn't of said "I was", that just ruined the moment. "I am" was sufficient and said all there was to say. Although I think the movie would've ended better if David died then and not thirty-five minutes and two millennia later. I mean, we already knew the Monica situation, it's a non-issue whether David did, and we sure as hell didn't need to bring in the aliens and the pseudo-science reanimation. And if the aliens had to be included, they could at least be consistent: do they speak telepathically or not? They don't have mouths, I think the answer is clear, but the movie seems to wanna go both ways. More screentime for Teddy at least, I suppose.)

Originally posted by Dusty
why they can't make modems faster than 56k if it is possible,

It's called ISDN. Maybe you were upgrading to ISDN without knowing it.

Re: Re: Pleasant, but unusual

Originally posted by Daniel
It's called ISDN. Maybe you were upgrading to ISDN without knowing it.
Don't ISDN lines use different modems? I seem to remember seeing one for $350 USD not too long ago....

Re: Re: Re: Pleasant, but unusual

Originally posted by Ben
Don't ISDN lines use different modems? I seem to remember seeing one for $350 USD not too long ago....

Yes...but you never know.

I think it could be possible for a ISDN modem to connect at 56k.

Mine did this once, then I thought someone was hacking my computer or there was just an error so I reconnected, went back to it's slow old self.

Two questions:

1. Were you downloading a text file or something similar that could easily be compressed?
2. Are you downloading using Internet Explorer?

Two answers:

1. I was downloading an MP3 of the third or fourth movement (which, I don't remember) of Mozart's 40th Symphony.
2. I was downloading using Mozilla's built-in download manager.

Back