• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

playing VCD mpg files

Kratt

in a new XP computer, I installed the klite codecs.
when I try to play mpg files, qI get unknown errors. I set the MPEG 1 and MPEG 2 in ffdshow to libmpeg, but it didn't help.

GSpot Codec Information says it is an MPEG 1 stream.

what am I missing?

try to play it with "VLC Media Player" - best player ever made ;) it's opens almost all formats ;)

I know, but I'd rather just have the Codecs working so that I can use the WMP ActiveX control in various programmes

Are any win services needed for mpeg?
I see at work ffdshow has mpeg1/2 'disabled' but it plays

the reason was that the GABEST MPEG filter was faulty
after reinstalling with the Cyberlink filter, everything worked as normal

this was a codec problem, nothing to do with the player
lesson is to not install MPEG filters from FFDSHOW!

this was a codec problem, nothing to do with the player
lesson is to not install MPEG filters from FFDSHOW!

Hardly, ffdshow works well, i hate the gui of VLC, and other players, so my WMP does it all with ffdshow, the fact you have/had problems was cause they interfere with codecs - and you didnt configure it correctly.

No, unless you mean 'didnt configure it correctly' as in installing the GABEST MPEG filters. If you read the post (December 4th, 2006, 17:50) - try it yourself or tell me why my home, work, plus VirtualPCs ALL fail under GABEST MPEG.

why not just use winamp? you can get the codecs from divx.com and simply play with winamp its easier and you can have your songs in there as well =P

Back