• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

placeing a video in webpage********

=dan=

b&
help...
does anyone no how to put a video online for users to view and right after the video has played the page refreshes and leads the users to another page?

if someone can help i can give them a litte prize as a reward...maybe some free file hosting...? if you've help well i'll pm u.

That would be something like checking the video's length, then having a meta redirect after the video's length.

I'm not familiar with PHP's video functions, or even if they exist. But PHP could do something like that as well. If video functions exist, that is.

LYT-Michael said:
Coding, have you checked Google yet?
first i like to thank the both of u for trying to help.

but i don't no what to search for in google on this topic:confused4

A timed redirect would not work. Most people wait for videos to load and there would be problems if the viewer has a slow connection

i know there has to be a way, because if you have ever downloaded videos off of kazza or limewire, sometimes the video will take you to a web page when the video starts. i am not sure if you can make it do it when the video is over though.

Yes, but that is a program and you have the video on your computer, there is no load time. On the internet, the file must load in order to play. The best thing is to learn flash and make your own video player that will do that.

Unless you code it into the video, not sure how they do it but I've ran across a few that will launch webpages, so there is a way. First of all, what type of media are you playing? .mpeg .avi .mov what?

Easy - code the last frame if it's wmv or avi or mov or basically any of the newer versions of most of the formats and embed a link.

LYT-Michael said:
Unless you code it into the video, not sure how they do it but I've ran across a few that will launch webpages, so there is a way. First of all, what type of media are you playing? .mpeg .avi .mov what?
it's gonna be an avi file...just a small one...like 30 seconds...

i really need some help....

Decker said:
Easy - code the last frame if it's wmv or avi or mov or basically any of the newer versions of most of the formats and embed a link.

i don't understand what u mean by that...and i don't want them to download it...just view it online...then the page refreshes to another page and viola it leads to another page right after it's done playing....

Back