• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Phpbb2

Originally posted by invalid
its kinda stupid that they dont have any download links for version 2 on thier main site
Actually its not stupid at all. Version 2 hasn't been made a stable release yet (yes, thats right) so they won't release it until it is a stable release. However on the phpbb2 development site they will release it for those who want a board with more features.

Well, they could have download links on their main site and simply say that this version isn't final yet! What's bad with this? I think that they want to give the impression that they officially give out only "perfect" products!!!:angry2:

Well, they could have download links on their main site and simply say that this version isn't final yet! What's bad with this? I think that they want to give the impression that they officially give out only "perfect" products!!!

right on! why can't have a download link with a warning like:

WARNING: PHPBB2 is not 100% stable for production use. Use at your own risk

or something like that

Originally posted by invalid

right on! why can't have a download link with a warning like:

WARNING: PHPBB2 is not 100% stable for production use. Use at your own risk

or something like that
I don't think phpbb 2 is risky. But then I don't decide that sort of stuff.

heh..

LMFAO!

I was just about to say somehting exactly like that... stealing words outta my mouth isnt nice... :mad: . LOL

Re: heh..

Originally posted by Lokannon
LMFAO!

I was just about to say somehting exactly like that... stealing words outta my mouth isnt nice... :mad: . LOL

Finger

Originally posted by leetcrew
phpBB is risky? on what way? :rolleyes:
The final version of phpbb 2 has not been released yet. Thats why there have been 4rc's (release candidates). The script is being tested and when no bugs are found they will release the final version. Thats why it's slightly risky.

ahhh, oic. I thought they are trying to gain access on the server. hmm, some of their developers are hacker. :)

Last edited:
Back