• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

php offline?

themoose

Sup, Recoil here.
NLC
is there a way to run php scripts without uploading them to a server first? Perhaps some sort of clever program? Or do you have to completely re-write your hard drive? thanks for any comments,
themoose

Zend Studio lets you do that. PM me and I'll set you up with a link. It is the beta version, so it is completely legal.

just install apache (takes 5 mins if that) then install php from php.net (just extract and edit conf file.takes no time at all) and you have a server on your computer where you can copy files to and test them by going to localhost

Its perfectly safe, i use it for all my php testing, has mysql, php, perl, apache, and a lot of stuff.

you can do it with dreamweaver too. you set up a server with dreamweaver to test it on. i think apache is a good way to go though. or zend studio

just a quick note. it's not necessary to install apache to run php.
you can call it using php command line.
Code:
Windows > Run > cmd
c:\>php -f path/to/myphpfile.php
manual for php command line
Code:
c:\>php -h
check your php manual for more information about this extension.

bmwboy said:
Its perfectly safe, i use it for all my php testing, has mysql, php, perl, apache, and a lot of stuff.

ok, i'll try that one, but i'll create a restore point just in case :biggrin2:

//edit//
ive been using it now, its all safe, but im a bit confused - how do you make it run a php file?

Last edited:
Back