• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP MYSQL Question

WebWatcher

Hi,

I have two domains hosted with two different host. One with shared hosting and one on a VPS.

My question is:

Is it possible for the domain hosted on the shared hosting site to read and use a database on the VPS.
My problem is the shared hosting mysql goes down quiet a bit but the rest of the specs are what I need. Instead of changing host and going through all that hassle I just want to check if this is possible and if so how it could be done!

Thanks in advance

Setup the VPS MySQL to allow remote access from the IP of your shared account and change the MySQL host from localhost (or whatever IP/hostname the shared account gave you for MySQL access) on the shared account to the IP of the VPS, should be all that's needed :)

Not if you do it right, restrict access by one IP (That is yours) and only allow access to a strong mySQL username and password.

Back