• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP help

jurupa

I need help with my php script. What I am trying to do it create a php script that will send me an e-mail to me about a dead link, basically a dead link system. I want it so they click on the link for reporting the dead link and they will get a page saying basically thank you.

Now heres some helpfull stuff. The php script I am using has tags for the title of the site and url. I have little knowledge of php so any help would be nice.

Here is the php code so far:

Code:
<?php

$email = "webmaster@exogama.com";

/*
The continue is there so they can go back to the home page
*/

$continue = "/";

// Send email

$name = stripslashes($name);
$comments = stripslashes($comments);

$subject = "Dead Link";
$message = "Dead Link: <%LINK_TITLE%> <%LINK_URL%>";
$headers = "From: " . $formemail . "\n" . "Return-Path: " . 

mail($email,$subject,$message,$headers);

?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Dead Link Report</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-uk">
</head>
<body>
<center>
<h1>Thank you</h1>
The dead link will be deleted as soon as possible.
<h3><a href="<?php print "$continue"; ?>">Click here to continue</a></h3>
</center></object>
</font>
</body>
</html>

I get a 404 page and no e-mail from the script. My plan is to show the site they are reporting and confirm it and I will get an e-mail from the script.

Originally posted by jurupa
I get a 404 page and no e-mail from the script. My plan is to show the site they are reporting and confirm it and I will get an e-mail from the script.
There isn't a problem in your script, try editing the htaccess file so you make sure that is your 404 page.

I will try on the .htacces file and Jetalomar I still have yet to get it to work. It looks like it should.

Back