• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Php - Encrypting Download Link....

moneyballs2

Hello

if i were to have a download link which was protected with a password and i wanted this to be public but i didn't want the username and password to be seen how would i encrypt this download link so that the person can't see the username and password in the link, i also would like it to expire after a set amount of time, if it is possible....

I want this because i want it password protected and for people i want to download i want to just let them use the encrypted link rather than give them the username and password as this can be easily shared.

If anybody has any ideas of how this could be achieved please post.

Thanks!

Ehh.... No. You could use mod_rewrite and cloak the URL, but that's as close as you're going to get. Actually, that might be a better solution.

isn`t there some kind of anti leech script for this?

maybe try this:
http://dsplus.sourceforge.net/

edit:://
just tried dsplus myself and it seems to work but just for local files only.. since you need to place the files you want to protect in a certain directory..

so for local files this thing is the thing you need to have..
for files located on a different server... i`m not that sure if this is good for that... but you can try to adjust the script a bit to see if it will work

Last edited:
thanks for these. i'll take a proper look tomorro, i'm off to get some sleep :)

if all works well i will give you all reputation :)

(note to self : Give Reputation!) (otherwise i'd proberly forget.. lol)

Back