• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP, CGI and no ads??

Personally, I don't think atomichosting is a good host at all. It seems to me that you think atomichoisting is good, but the truth is, it isn't! Okay, maybe it offers nice features, but it ain't the least reliable.

Tenlor, what's wrong w/ F2S?

What?

I've never had any problems getting to any F2S hosted site, whether it be their support sites or my own site. Call me Cracker2 because I'd be more than willing to plug F2S in most of my posts if I posted more.

I didn't have any problems with F2S either. I don't understand why there's all this fuss about 'em... they're sweet!

Atomichosting seems likely to collapse soon. If you still want to host your site there, I'd highly recommend you also get a "fake url" from http://www.cjb.net/ so that you can still keep your website's address in case Atomichosting goes belly up. I once considered moving there from Crosswinds, but I gave up when their FTP was slower than hell. I'd rather have "invisible" pop-ups (yes, I'm one of those CW users with a frames site) than an unreliable server.

Atomic hosting has gone down now - I guess their 56k modem couldn't cope.

Perhaps if they put that on a T1 or above, secured any security holes in it (I'm no hacker and I found a few) they might become an okay host.

Problem is always - how do FWP's make enough money to cover costs??

Originally posted by laurie
Problem is always - how do FWP's make enough money to cover costs??

Advertising on hosted sites. That's why I'd be wary of any site that rpomises otherwise. Either they'll force ads on pages eventually or hut down with no notice.

Well, Atomichosting still exists. They were down yesterday because they were upgrading. I don't know. Although their hardware isn't great (I will keep their HD space a secret), it offers the features everyone wants.

Their ftp speed was ok, too. It's AT LEAST as fast as Xoom, if not faster.

The only problem: how long it's going to last? If they do last, then I am sure everyone is going to join them like crazy someday.

Back