• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PhotoSmart Hates its Master

Tree

Hrm?
NLC
I've got an HP a1520e desktop and a Photosmart 1130. Each time I hook up the Photosmart, the desktop reboots. Any reason you can think of?

I've got another HP printer hooked up to it, and it works fine.

Could be a short in the photosmart printer. Is it a USB Cable? Try a different USB Cable.

P.S. my Photosmart 7150 sucks balls as well when it was connected to my computer. I went out and bought a print server for it from Zonenet and hooked it to my network. No problems anymore!

I have a feeling it's my computer. A Windows error pops up on reboot that's somehow connected to automatic driver installation.

Windows Windows Windows. I dont really like HP printers anyhow. Ifyou want a real proffesional one, get a cannon or a epson

Uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers and see if that works. Check if the same happens in the safe mode as well.

Last edited:
Windows Windows Windows. I dont really like HP printers anyhow. Ifyou want a real proffesional one, get a cannon or a epson
HP Photo printers are the best, really. Haven't found another photo printer that's satisfactory.
Uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers and see if that works. Check if the same happens in the safe mode as well.
I've fixed it. Just had to manually install the printer drivers, turn off the Plug-n-Play feature, and plug 'er in.

I loooove my HP Printer, I really do. I had a Canon before and it was complete crap, I hated it and it sucked thru ink like none other. For last Christmas I broke down and bought a 3210 HP Photosmart Print/Scan/Copy and its been one hell of a printer.

Back