• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Peo: How about a flash/graphics forum?

cds

Hey Peo,

How about starting a forum on flash...it seems to be getting a lot of attention now a days. Or perhaps one on flash/web graphics....thats sure to be pretty popular...

Great site btw! :)

That flash could be much better...the animation is quite impressive, but the quality of graphics is way below average....kinda strange coming from a graphic design compand, I'd say.

Well, thats not necessarily flash's fault. Its like painting...the medium is fine, but some people are bad painters. There are some extremely awesome flash sites that do things that no html site could accomplish. I had a lot of examples to show you, but they all seem down today, but here is a good one:

http://www.designinsites.com/

Also, a lot of people use flash for part of their site, and it can give some nice accents..

Anyway, its not perfect...but it has a lot of potential, dont you agree? :)

I wasn't referring to flash as a program...I use it all the time, and I've rarely found limitations to it...

I meant what you said, in that they person needs to improve the graphics; specifically, by anti-aliasing the text...

There are two flash-related programs that deal with text. Although its not perfect, as you mention, they are pretty cool...

1. Swift3d - pretty good animation effects with text
2. WildFX - absolutely the best thing ever to happen to flash...this thing is awesome with awesome effects...

Both of these progs have to be purchased...but they are definately worth it if your into flash.

Hehe...this thread is almost becoming a flash board...oh well...conversation sparks intelligent discourse...

Back