• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PC to PC transfer

ezhost-anish

hey, i brought this double ended USB cable, as known as male to male USB connection to transfer my file from my computer to my laptop. According to instruction i got, the transfer screen is suppose to pop up automatically as when the cable to connected to the USB hub of both the Comp's. But nothing is happening i tried everything i could but still no result. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

if the laptop has internet i think it's easier to setup an ftp server to get the files. if not then plug the laptop in to your router and make sure both pc and laptop are part of the same network and make a shared folder on the pc on the laptop go to my network and u'll see a folder with your comp name on it

XtreemHost: 3.99USD/5GB 24x7 support, domain names 5.99USD

What brand/make/model is the cable? Most of those cables come with drivers [a disc] that you will need to install to make work correctly. A lot also depends on your operating system you are trying to get it to work on. Windows Vista has a lot of support for USB Transfer Cables, but even XP is shotty at best and will need drivers loaded.

You'd be better getting a 'crossover' RJ45 network cable, that will act like your plugged into a switch or hub and transfer that way. USB-USB can be unreliable at best and can goose the USB ports at worst.

:S why do I keep getting put here
I click to go to another thread and it takes me here, hmm weird

LOL - never seen that before!

Browsers not autocompleting a URL and overwritting the one you've clicked on is it?

werid am to stuck here.

@ Matt8 : According to packet name, it's DAIYO Superior Series. i still find no means of how this thing works:confused4

hey, i brought this double ended USB cable, as known as male to male USB connection to transfer my file from my computer to my laptop. According to instruction i got, the transfer screen is suppose to pop up automatically as when the cable to connected to the USB hub of both the Comp's. But nothing is happening i tried everything i could but still no result. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

You mean after connecting your PC to the laptop using the USB cables, your laptop can now access your PC's hardrive? Does the USB cable comes with a software you have to install? I just don't think it will be feasible.

You mean after connecting your PC to the laptop using the USB cables, your laptop can now access your PC's hardrive? Does the USB cable comes with a software you have to install? I just don't think it will be feasible.

Agree - I don't think USB to USB is feasible method of transfer.

I remember back in the day with the Old Mac's you could do SCSI Transfers and it would lock up one of the machines you were transferring from and a SCSI image would float around the screen.

This was long long ago.

The best method is most likely setting up a home network, or using a crossover cable.

Thats not a brand I have ever heard of. Probably just a "knock-off". If it didn't come with software and you can't find it with a bit of googling, its probably not worth your trouble to be honest

Agree - I don't think USB to USB is feasible method of transfer.

I remember back in the day with the Old Mac's you could do SCSI Transfers and it would lock up one of the machines you were transferring from and a SCSI image would float around the screen.

This was long long ago.

The best method is most likely setting up a home network, or using a crossover cable.

no really sure how to run a home network as am using dail-ups so don't have a router.

Go to your local computer 'bits' store and ask for a 3m RJ45 crossover cable, plug one end into the LAN port of one machine and the other into the LAN port of the other machine.

Your connected as if on a network :D

Back