• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Paypopup website problem?

WabbyTwax

I've been a paypopup member for a while but for the last couple weeks the website has seemed to disappear. Does anybody know what's up with them?

Works fine here :confused:
Why not get paid every time someone
visits your website? If you have more
than 200 page views per day, you may
wish to consider selling Paypopup.com
your exit traffic. Our discrete program
guarantees only 1 pop-under per site visit
and we'll reward you with one of the
highest payout rates in the industry.

The domain name works but it goes to some search page but thats not paypopup's website. The company that ran it is "yesup.com" and thats where my checks came from. I don't know if they pulled the plug on the paypopup site or what.

I got the above quoted text from their site. I don't know why you are getting redirected to a search page? You are the only one who has mentioned it. :confused:

I will email Jeff and ask him to address your problem.

Here is a screenshot of what I see
http://www.originalicons.com/paypopupscreen.jpg

When I do "nslookup" for paypopup.com I get

http://216.40.247.45 <- that doesn't look like the right people

I tried "ipconfig /flushdns" and that didn't help.

when I do "ipconfig /displaydns" I get the following:

www.paypopup.com
----------------------------------------
Record Name . . . . . : www.paypopup.com
Record Type . . . . . : 1
Time To Live . . . . : 494958
Data Length . . . . . : 4
Section . . . . . . . : Answer
A (Host) Record . . . : 66.230.146.42

Last edited:
I got it figured out! My friend had to help me but I found why this was happening. I had a feeling that something local was making this happen and I was right about that..

In my "hosts" file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

there were over 300 entries made to mostly smut sites.
Additionally there were many entries that looked like this..

66.230.146.42 paypopup.com #cooklop
66.230.146.42 www.paypopup.com #cooklop

So cleared the file and everything works fine. That's the first I've seen this kind of ad-intrusion! I'm running ad-aware pro now so hopefully that kind of stuff won't happen again. People that make programs or websites that edit that "hosts" file should be fined for messing with stuff like that!

I'm emailing coolwebsearch.com and complaining about the affiliate of theirs that did this. The affiliate ID was in the URL when you click on a link.. ie..
http://www.coolwebsearch.com/search.php?aff=3910&qq=slot machine

Hopefully they'll at least remove their affiliation with the person that did this to my hosts file.

Last edited:
Now I'm thinking this might have been done by somebody who was trying to intentionally disrupt paypopup.com . If this could be done intentionally. Because why it would pick that obscure of a site and not any others I dont know.

Back