• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PayPal

Hi Supermoo,

Thanks for the welcome:)

I do frequent some other web hosting forums as well. I have found that users are interested in:

1. Credit card acceptance without account creation (sender).
2. Amex and Discover Card acceptance.

If there any other items in demand....please let me know, as I can report the requests to our Product team.

I appreciate Robert from Si's comments, as I would like to make sure that problems/concerns are resolved or answered. Our service gets stronger based on user/non-user input.

Damon,

I had set up a small e-commerce site for my cousin. It sells cardboard movie standees from about $25.00 each.

She accepts paypal as payment and had a number of instances where customers transposed a letter in her email address when making payment thru paypal. She then had a very difficult time getting the funds because her email is "sample@xyz.com" and the customer sent the money to "simple@xyz.com"

Hi Robert from SI,

Thank you for the clarification.

The payments from the sender, provided they were not claimed by another account, can be cancelled and re-directed to the proper email address (this is actually a fairly common problem for new users).

The users should have cancelled the payment (only unclaimed payments can be reversed) and re-directed it to the appropriate email address.

Damon,

"The users should have cancelled the payment (only unclaimed payments can be reversed) and re-directed it to the appropriate email address."

This cant be right. I had a guy take back $200 after I recieved it. Also, my friend sold a web hosting account and caught the user breaking his ToS she agreed to on signup so he closed the account. Well she went to PayPal and took the money back.

Is there anything that a pertson can do if this happens to them?

This cant be right. I had a guy take back $200 after I recieved it. Also, my friend sold a web hosting account and caught the user breaking his ToS she agreed to on signup so he closed the account. Well she went to PayPal and took the money back.
John, those cases are seperate from the simple email mix-up policy noted by Damon in his comments above. They are related to chargeback policies, and since PayPal's protection policies presently provide little defense for buyers or sellers of non-tangible and/or digital goods, chances are that the purchaser of your friend's hosting account saught a chargeback from her credit card company (ie Visa, Amex).

For more info on PayPal's complaint and protection policies, check out the following link:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside#consumer protection

Hi Damon! Welcome to Freewebspace.net.

I have a question. I'm from India and have both VISA and MasterCard credit cards. Is it possible for me to use paypal? How?
Can you please explain the process of withdrawing funds?

Last I seen anyone can goto PayPal and cancell a payment. Whats to stop someone from ordering say a computer then when they get it they go and take the payment back?

Hey guys, don't get too much off-topic. Doesn't anyone know any advertisers anymore?

Hi LastActionHero,

You can use PayPal for payments from India at the moment. There is no method of withdrawing the money (yet) unless you can register a US bank account.

Hi Venomx,
Payments can't be reversed by the sender if they are claimed by another party. A buyer can file a Buyer Complaint (tangible goods) or file a chargeback through their credit card company. This does not mean they will always win a Buyer Complaint or chargeback....Chargebacks are always a possibility when accepting credit card payments, but they do not happen on a regular basis.

Back