• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PayPal question

.Joe.

Yours Truly
NLC
this might be a very stupid question, but I just need to know...

can you deposit cash in your account with a credit card? or can you only send payments directly with your credit card using paypal as a processor?

thanks.
Joe.

(sorry if this is a really dumb question)

If you click on add funds like Colin said you should be able to add funds to your account via your credit card. They may require it to be on file and verified first dont remember exactly.

so I can deposit cash into my PayPal account with a CC? Alright nice...I thought only debit cards or something.

*off to deposit*

see I went to add funds and it says you only do it with a debit card. I'm asking if you can do it with a "credit card".

No, you cannot do it with a credit card. A credit card can only be linked to your PayPal account for making payments. When a payment is made, the balance is then deducted from your credit card.

thats what I thought, alright thanks!

also: can I send payment via. credit card to other users (like say, hey john long time no see, here's the 5$ for 2 months ago or something) or does it HAVE to be a business with a paypal processing link?

No, you can definitely send money with a credit card. Just add it to your PayPal account first, and it should be all set to go. Then, when making a payment, just make sure you choose the card (instead of your bank account or whatever other payment methods you might have setup).

I mean, when you go to the "Send Money" tab on the account

you only get the fields of:

Name:
Amount:
Comments:

etc, etc.

It doesn't give you the option to pay with a credit card?

You have to add the credit card first. To do this, go to the Profile drop-down menu on the top nav bar (the grey-ish bar that is under the blue bar), and in the drop-down, you'll see an option titled 'Add or Edit Credit Card'.

After you've added the credit card, once you are on the Send Money screen, you will see the option to change the payment method to your credit card.

Back