• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Paypal alternative ?

Black Star

Does anybody has any idea for a paypal alternative. At this moment I use PayPal to receive payment from costumers, but the problem is that I can't withdraw funds directly to my bank account because I live in Belgium.

So does anybody know an alternative that "works" in Belgium ?

Hi Black Star,

Are you able to get a US bank account? Users in countries that do not allow for withdrawals to a domestic account CAN do withdrawals to a US bank account.

Re: Hi Black Star,

Originally posted by paypaldamon
Are you able to get a US bank account? Users in countries that do not allow for withdrawals to a domestic account CAN do withdrawals to a US bank account.

Why would somebody want to get a US bank account just to use paypal?? That crazy!

So.. for the OP to "withdraw" funds he/she has to open up a US based bank account, transfer the funds to the US account then transfer the funds yet again (as I bet few companies in Belgium accept US funds, at a good rate anyway) to a Belgium bank account (which may cost a little to do too). Don't forget US accounts have a monthly fee, and that's a waste of money just to use PayPal plus another step and lots of paper work.

Seems like a stupid step to take just to use paypal when most processing companies will just cut you (the OP) a check and send it via mail. :rolleyes:

Well that was my thought exactly "the elf".

I have decided to go with http://2checkout.com because they offer a nice interface, the ability to get your money by check and some more nice features.

Thx for the suggestions "important"

Back