• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pay per search?

lpok

Is pay per search effective in getting revenue? I personally don't use those search boxes in other websites, but do other people use them?

Good question. Unfortunatley I don't have they answer, but do want to know the same thing. I'm starting a FWP and want to to if search boxes could be an effective alternative to banners.

I can name about 11,000 people who would say "Yes" to the question of can you generate revenue with search boxes. Thats how many affiliates we have in SearchTraffic. :)

I don't think you want to look at it as a replacement to banner ads...you want to look at it search box as ancillary income from your site.

We have recently introduced search boxes that are "themed" to a particular topic (games, webmasters, free stuff, etc.) and they include text links that pay the same rate as if the surfer had typed in the term and pressed the "submit" button. These search boxes generate a very high CTR and can really generate substantial extra income from your site.

Originally posted by lpok
Is pay per search effective in getting revenue? I personally don't use those search boxes in other websites, but do other people use them?

SearchTraffic gives me almost double the amount FocusIN was giving me with the same amount of impressions. Highly reccomended!

Go Standard Internet! :)

http://pokemon.djcl.com/ - The site in question?

I think I'll give pay-per-search a try. I looked at searchtraffic.com and searchbucks.com

Is there anymore programs like this?

Originally posted by Mrh0ax
searchtraffic makes you say your Social Security number.. *COUGH*SCAM SCAM SCAM *COUGH*

It's the ones that DON'T ask for your social security number that are possible scams. They need your SSN to pay taxes to the evil American government.

Anonymous poster "Mr. Hoax",

Please refrain from slandering my company.

You are insulting me as well as my staff.

Federal law requires that we obtain SSN's and send a form 1099 to all USA affiliates earning over $600 in a year.

Admins, I'd like to request that the garbage posted by this individual be removed.

Anonymous poster "Mr. Hoax"{/b}

i aint anonymous, i have an account here, and a name

sorry i didnt kno wtwhat was yoru site, and i hav enever used a SS# in any kind of online sponsors

Originally posted by lpok
I think I'll give pay-per-search a try. I looked at searchtraffic.com and searchbucks.com

Is there anymore programs like this?

Yep a couple more...

• Searh123.com (Company working together in the Searchbucks building)
  • Searchfuel.com (From the makers of exitfuel)

I think that's about it. Although, everybody should know Standard Internet pay and they seem to be the 'hot favourite'. :)

Originally posted by Mrh0ax
i aint anonymous, i have an account here, and a name

I think Robert of SI may mean that you havn't filled out your profile fully and could be considered 'anonymous'.

Where as we know he is Robert of Standard Internet, Voorhees, NJ. A little bit more information than a nickname! ;)

Back