• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Partner Wanted! Failover DNS Service.

GlennBeforeTime

Why is Dan Back!!
NLC
Ok, I have 2 Windows VPS that are running constantly and relatively high specked, low usage 1 in the US the other in Australia.

I have, and confirm it working, a failover or redundant DNS service working on the AU VPS, it works on the domain name test.2pp.in (Not a website but a test site) linked to 2 different A records on different servers, if the primary server is down, it will update the DNS with the next A record that is checked and confirmed working.

The software being used is quite expensive, in the fact that I'd be looking at something like 1K USD to have the software fully licensed with unlimited records. What I am offering is, unlimited FREE failover DNS hosted services to the company, or companies that wish to help me pay for these licenses (On both VPS) I will and am still paying for the VPS to remain up and running, and would be more then happy to share the redundant DNS services with companies that donate a significant amount to the purchase of the software licenses. I will maintain the VPS and ensure that they are working, I will also add an API port with login where you (the authorized company) can add the domain name, and A records to failover on to.

For those of you who do not understand just exactly what a failover DNS system does please see below;
A failover DNS system contains 1 primary A record that points to the main web server that your website is on, if that server should go down, the DNS system will detect such an occurrence, and change the A record to a backup server of which will come into effect within 30 seconds of detection.
The purpose of such a service is clear, reduced downtime. This is a must for large businesses and businesses that solely rely on the internet and need to know their website WILL be up and running.

This is a fantastic opportunity for hosts that want to be able to beat the competition and offer failover services with minimal outlay, it also allows you to cut back on server costs for such a service, and hey, you can have 100% branded Name Servers all the time!

If you are interested, or would like for me to organize a live demo, then please feel free to email, PM me or Reply to this thread with a time and a date in GMT +10

Thanks Guys.:wave:

Well... This has been popular... Who doesn't want to be able to offer their clients a failover service that you get 100% of the money made from selling it?

Obviously everyone here.

May I recommend looking into clustered technology, will do basicly the same thing for you mantaining the 100% uptime, if you set it up correctly and have a good datacenter.

However, I would love to possible see a demo, what kind of $$ investment is there for this? What if you do go away, do we still maintain the ability to use this?

May I recommend looking into clustered technology, will do basicly the same thing for you mantaining the 100% uptime, if you set it up correctly and have a good datacenter.

However, I would love to possible see a demo, what kind of $$ investment is there for this? What if you do go away, do we still maintain the ability to use this?

What do you mean by "go away" if by go away you mean my hosting fail, then no, you will still have access to such service I have fantastic prices on the DNS servers that use this technology and can afford to pay for them for as long as I need.

I would be more then happy to show you a demo if you would like to get in touch with me over MSN I'm sure we can arrange something at some stage over the next few days.

My MSN is glennallenrules [ at ] hotmail.com.

Thanks.

what software are you talking about that can automatically divert records within 30 seconds. There are a lot of free services out there for that.

what software are you talking about that can automatically divert records within 30 seconds. There are a lot of free services out there for that.

Haven't heard of a free service that does it. Possible there might be, but I'd prefer to have it on servers I know to be stable.

Back