• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

owning multiple domains for your site.

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
just a question! How many of you have got multiple domain exstenions for your websites/

what i mean is - Say you got yoursite.com have your purchased yoursite.net/.info/.co.uk etc etc ?

I have have got mine in .net and .info

My next project I have the domain in:
.com .net .org .info .mobi .eu .co.uk .org.uk .me.uk .de .nl .be .at .it .es .com.es .us .tv .ws and .in
Planning to add the remaing EU extensions, sponsored TLDs (.cat and .cym if it ever arrives) and maybe one-or-two of the other big countries (e.g. .cn)
:D

Despite that, I'm in favour of less extensions and certainly no more generic TLDs.

I have my site hosted with atspace.com (which means my site is mysite.atspace.com) and I use a dot.tk domain masking / forwarding service, so my domain is mysite.tk as well.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting .net and .org for my new site. Ther rest of them I just have a .com name. I don't think it's that important for me.
.com .net .org .info .mobi .eu .co.uk .org.uk .me.uk .de .nl .be .at .it .es .com.es .us .tv .ws and .in
Planning to add the remaing EU extensions, sponsored TLDs (.cat and .cym if it ever arrives) and maybe one-or-two of the other big countries (e.g. .cn)

Despite that, I'm in favour of less extensions and certainly no more generic TLDs.
Are you trying to come up with a billion dollar idea or something? That's a lot of extentions.

Oh this IS good :)

Pssst..... wana share? :classic2:

I think I got a decent idea too which is the reason I registered a .com and .net for the first time in my life :) we'll see where this leads.

we'll see where this leads.
Lots of sleepless nights, mugs of coffee on the desk, wasted week-ends, dreams about php syntax, and more coffee

Been there, done that.
And I'm doing it all over again right now heh

About the domains, I got only one .com or .net tld for each domain, except one for wich I have the .com and .ca

It is ok to have more domains (same name but different TLDs), in order to protect your site identity on the net. Of course, you'll promote only one of them, the other names should be parked for the same site (if somebody type your site name using .net instead .com for example).

I only register the .com's. I don't waste money on .net's and other tlds.

I'm working on a billion dollar idea too but I don't think I need all those mobi .de .nl .be .at .it .es .com.es .us .tv .ws. I'd rather save my money for my next zillionaire idea - every cent counts :p

What's the renewal fee per year for all of those put together?

What's the renewal fee per year for all of those put together?

Luckily they're staggered so I don't actually know :)

I've got 120-odd domains now, so I'll have a clue when I start getting rid of some of the others...

Lots of sleepless nights, mugs of coffee on the desk, wasted week-ends, dreams about php syntax, and more coffee

Been there, done that.
And I'm doing it all over again right now heh

About the domains, I got only one .com or .net tld for each domain, except one for wich I have the .com and .ca

I don't drink coffee but you got the rest right. I grow restless till my projects are complete. hope this one works out.

No, don't have every domain name for my sites. Although if I do something very successful I'd register all domain names if i could

Back