• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Overclocking 2400+

el crapo

hey guys, im planning to overclock an AMD AthlonXP 2400+ with a ThermalRight SLK-800, SmartFan II, and with 512mb or 1024mb [if i can afford it] Corsair PC2100 memory.

Now I need to know what motherboard I should purchase. I set on the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. But now I'm thinking about the Epox 8rda+. I'm not sure. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't think you can't go wrong with either choice. :)

Btw, there's DDR2400 RAM now??!!! :whatthe:

Still, what's PC2400? I only thought there was PC1600, PC2100, PC2700, PC3200, and finally PC3400~3500.

Originally posted by Daniel
Still, what's PC2400? I only thought there was PC1600, PC2100, PC2700, PC3200, and finally PC3400~3500.

someone shoot me. wow. idk why i wrote DDR2400 when it was PC2100. i'm a little.....burnt for lack of better words.

XP 2400 Bah, im getting the 2100 and the Epox 8rda+ only because the 2100 is a great overclocker, but you must get the "b" version or else you wont get the T-Bred.

Get the 8rda+

Also, don't waste your money on 2400 and just overclock the tbred b from www.newegg.com

They have it for 93$ now

And save your money on the processor and get more ram.

That's what i did

Epox 8RDA+
Xp 2100 Tbred B
1GB PC2100 Kingston ram
SLK-800
Smart Fan II LED

(Most likly building my computer tomorrow, so i'll tell you how they work)

Hey guys thanks for the suggestion, I think i might follow it. is0lized, tell me how that works out.

Grrr, my neighbor can't reach my friend untill next week. It's being put off for like 3 weeks now...

I might just go and buy the items at full price, or i'll wait one more week so i can get this great deal he is giving me, i dunno.

The parts i'm getting from my neighbors friend is the heatsink and the paste. So i can't build my computer w/o em

I never trust friends...

That's why most of my computers are built with stolen motherboards, processors, ram, etc. from friends. :D

They don't really care as long as I don't touch their uber 1337 computers.

But the only nForce2 board Abit has out sucks major ---.

The EpoX 8RDA+ is the king overclocker of the nForce2 boards with the Asus 87N8X DLX right behind it.

Back