• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Outsourcing tech support

dynamohosting

Hello,

I run www.dynamohosting.net . A customer bought a reseller package from me. He wants us to do his tech support. However I have no idea what to charge him for this.

Right now he has 0 customers, but he plans on growing majorly within a month.

Can anyone suggest some good pricing?

Noone want's me? :) I mean...as a support staff? :(
PS: when you run a hosting company you SHOULD however hire some guys for support and the reseller's customers should be helped by your staff. At least that's how other companies are doing (check out www.unitedhosting.co.uk, you will see that they are also supporting the resellers). Anyway, this should take longer because the customer reports to your "reseller", the reseller reports to you and you should solve the problem. :) Kinda complicated, aiight? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Per ticket might be the best choice for both of you all. If he has no customers, he doesn't need to pay anything for the tech support service.

Other than that, make sure you also work up something like hourly service for his customers who request special service; such as scripts installation, etc.

it depends. But i'm not sure what about are you talking, because i don't thinki i ever saw a company charging for support. You'll be the 1st one.
Anyway, if you're planning to hire, i could give you some examples.
1. EPC Hosting is paying his staff with about 30-45USD/mo. (depends on experience and hours per day) and with about :
- 0.25USD if a ticket was responded but not resolved
- 0.50USD to the guy that responded 1st to the ticket but didn't resolve the problem
- 0.75USD if a ticket was resolved
- 1.25USD to the guy who responded 1st and also resolved the problem.
Generally, the prices vary from 0.5 USD to 1USD per resolved ticket. But more i guess that a member of a hosting company could tell you.
PS: excuse my english, i'm a little mad - problems with my network - and a lot of work to do so i can not concetrate on my language. I DO talk better when i'm okay :p

Providing Support to your reseller accounts is what all companies do. However, this support is limited to normal support for the reseller and their clients. It's a pretty good idea to offer support to your reseller's clients for an extra price maybe, but the entire point of a reseller account is for the reseller to operate his or her own company, while you remain anonymous in the background.

no, we dont charge for support. If a customer needs support we give it for free.

However what im talking about is this reseller we have wants us to provide his customers support. Now we would give him support free, but we dont provide support for our resellers customers.

Oh you will charge your reseller for your support? Uhm...well anyway, is your company :)
But don't you need one extra supporting staff? :) j/k :chinese2:

$30-45/month? I believe that is for remote staff, if you have offices and paying full time staffs, be prepared for $900 to $1200/month per staff :)

Plus a good sys admin doesn't come cheap :) Personally, we do not like remote staff, it seems risky to give access to someone you never met :)

Originally posted by AdY
it depends. But i'm not sure what about are you talking, because i don't thinki i ever saw a company charging for support. You'll be the 1st one.
Anyway, if you're planning to hire, i could give you some examples.
1. EPC Hosting is paying his staff with about 30-45USD/mo. (depends on experience and hours per day) and with about :
- 0.25USD if a ticket was responded but not resolved
- 0.50USD to the guy that responded 1st to the ticket but didn't resolve the problem
- 0.75USD if a ticket was resolved
- 1.25USD to the guy who responded 1st and also resolved the problem.
Generally, the prices vary from 0.5 USD to 1USD per resolved ticket. But more i guess that a member of a hosting company could tell you.
PS: excuse my english, i'm a little mad - problems with my network - and a lot of work to do so i can not concetrate on my language. I DO talk better when i'm okay :p

Last edited:
Vegs, i'm not sure you got the point :) And yes, it's about remote staff, as i believe he doesn't have offices and so on. :biggrin2:
[edit]
i believe it's not about sys admin, but about customer support - i believe help desk, ticket support, forum and email. :D
[/edit]

Last edited:
Originally posted by Wojtek
/me thinks ADY is desperately looking for a remote job ;)
/me thinks Wojtek has right.
Hey...sorry everyone, i'll do my best to cut it off. :eek:

AdY, have you posted on WHT? You might be able to find a position to fill somewhere over there. I will keep you in mind for any of FastezHosting's positions if we need someone.

:topic:
I kinda don't like WHT, for any particular reason. And anyway, it's HARD to make a good impression with 1 post. :)
And if i'm here, then i'll stay here. Thanks for your words, anyway.
Promise to reply asap :)

Back