• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ouch! More Starbuck's closings! NoNooOoO!

bryonhost1

Hi!
Ouch. Starbuck's to close an additional 600 stores:

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/t...or-starbucks-job-cuts-and-store-closures.aspx

Now where I am suppose to go for my triple expresso nonfat soy latte no foam????

<LOL>

Oh..I'm bad.

Note to Schultz: I like your coffee. It is not worth $4.00/cup, though.

>>Dern. I'm going to have to get one of those normal expresso maker things. I've about wore out my microwave expresso maker.

Bryon

Last edited:
Bout time. There are too many in my city it's stupid. Every road you're bound to find either Starbucks, or a Costa. I think Subway should start closing some down too, way too many. (600 in the US doesn't seem alot)

Our city in Ohio opened it's first Starbucks this year. We are behind the times here :lol:

Starbucks!

I LOVE the Raspberry Frappucino, it's delicious! To be honest, submit a complaint about your local store, fake or real and they send you 4 FREE DRINK COUPONS :D !

Bryon, try Carribou Coffee. Prices are similar to Starbucks, but I think the quality is far superior. Even the wife prefers Carribou over Starbucks, and she's a Starbucks Stockholder. o_O

Really? I'll have to try that.

Starbucks sucks though. Have you ordered a tall lately? It's like the little cup that comes with pepto. I'm not paying 4.00 so I can burn my tongue slightly. I can buy a whole thing of coffee for that price, and mix in all the delicious crap.

:( I really want some starbucks now.

ah shucks, to bad. oh wait, i could care less. Starbucks is overpriced crap. they burn their coffee beans to make preserve them longer, making thee coffee taste burnt. yum yum. i would rather have a cup of Foldgers breakfast blend any day over the Starbucks. good riddance. sucks for employees though.

To be fair though, I can't see how they even call it coffee. Adding marshmellows and stuff doesn't make it coffee. I'm not even sure if they sell a normal real coffee. I like Chocolate Moca's though, yummy.

I prefer Costa though, way way more.

Before y'all chide and ride the newbie senseless, my favorite coffee is called "Dancing Goats". It's a very unique and ecclectic taste and scent, but is quite good.

www.dancinggoats.com is the site where you can purchase it, if you don't have a Whole Foods or Dancing Goats store nearby. The only drawback to them is that they're currently only distributed in the US.

Hi!
"Starbucks now has 16,226 locations, up from just 1,886 over the last 10 years."

I'll be honest..I've been to the Johnson City one twice this year. I like buying the fancy coffee and use in a french press. I only buy whole bean and grind only what is needed at the time.

I have been to Carribou as well..it was ok. They sell their coffee in whole bean form..and I have bought some of it as well to use in the french press.

I roast my own, too. I'm truly not very dependent on Starbuck's at all. :)

Buy-ya!

Bryon

Last edited:
Hi!!
Well..do you like coffee? Strong coffee? Good coffee? Or can you drink anything that just colours the water brown?

If you can drink anything..Starbuck's is a waste. However..if you do like coffee and do appreciate the finer things in life..try it.

Go to a Starbuck's when it's not busy..and ask them if they would mind to demo a french press for you. If you like strong exotic coffee..I would suggest you request they use one the finer African coffees..say...Sulewesi or Ethiopian Sidamo. Another good choice would be Costa Rican Tres Rios Bela Vista or Arabian Mocha.

Ethiopian Harrar is quite a nice treat as well. If you're lucky..they might even give you a small sample amount to try. I use a French Press exclusively..as this is the best way to get the most out of any coffee.

>>>http://www.sweetmarias.com

I roast my own as well now..the ultimate in coffee delight.

Bryon

Last edited:
You aren't missing much.

I LOVE coffee, but really do not like their coffee. Its nuts to think I would pay 4 bucks per cup of coffee, when I don't even like it to start with (but I realize, that is personal opinion)

We got our first standalone just a few years back, I've been once. I'd much rather support local businesses.

Back