• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Opinions, please?

psalzer

This might not be the best place to put this, so feel free to move it. I just wanted pick some brains here. I have a site on Red Rival. It gets no traffic and I don't have time at the moment to do much to develop it, but I don't really want to kill it altogether. As I'm sure everyone knows, Red Rival is transitioning to a pay host and it just doesn't make sense for me to pay to host this site, so I'm considering the following options:

Transferring the domain to mydomain.com and hosting it on a Worldzone.net account, which I already have and am not using for much. The ad banner is unobtrusive, it's browser upload which isn't a great thing but the speed is decent. I have a Pro account there and am pretty happy with that, but I can't spare the space on it for this, I don't think.

Transferring the domain to mydomain.com and moving the site to a section of a full fledged paid hosting account that I have for another site. For the moment I can spare a few megabytes there, I think.

Getting an account at Virtualave.net, hoping that it'll pass for a business site according to their rules. It does contain a portfolio of sites I've done, some of which I've charged for and that might be good enough for them..maybe. That gives me SSI, which I need FTP, CGI, and true domain hosting, I believe. But the ad banner is a bit more in your face than Worldzone.net

Those are the options I've come up with so far. I'd appreciate any advice anyone has on the subject.

Back