• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[OPINION] Worst of the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreVR

Well, we are all searching for the best free hosting.. let's make this a different thread! ROTFLMAO

What is, in your opinion, the WORST OF THE WORST hosting? (I didn't make a poll to let you to say some new options)

Some suggestions:

Portland (Do I need to know why?):rolleyes:
Marhost (Hey, does it ever existed REALLY?):confused:
Kilio (Unstable, VERY unstable... their FTP server really SUX)

What free hosting has been your worst experience? That's the question of this thread.

For me, the worst experience was with endoria.net. They deleted all my files one week after I set up my account!! (And I know I didn't break up their rules...) :mad:

Last edited:
well from my experiences they would go in this order.
1. Portland (100MB bandwith limit crap)
2. Marhost (Unlimspace and bandwith, No way, and very sloooow)
3. Angelfire (deleted my account 10 mins after i uploaded 25MB, for no reason, and i was obeying there rules.)
4. Spaceports (as above)
5. Now it would have to be Geocities, because of that monstrosity they call an ad.

1) Geocities.... the stupid stupid ad box just gets on my nerves
2) Portland... never liked them much anyway
3) Kilio....

Even though this question has been asked a million times already... :)

I think the worst host ever is Kilio because they blocked all visitors from here. After that, it would be the incredibly racist Coolfreepages.

1. Portland : (was very slow long back, but now i donno coz am not able to connect )
2. Marhost : (very sloooow, less professional)
3. Angelfire : (ok, but they are blocked in China)
4. Spaceports : (bad, can't connect )
5. Geocities : (ok, but they are blocked in China)
6. f2s : (a good one, but they are no more free)
7.coolfreewebpages : slooooooooooooow
8.netfirms.com Was ok before but now not accessible
9. http://webhost4u.sinfree.net Not relaible, just a dream
10. http://crosswinds.net/ Slowwwwwww
11. http://www.clanptbs.net/ was just kidin
12. http://www.t35.com ok buy no MySQL, external db doesn't work
13. http://vectorstar.net/ : waste !
14. datablocks : Died !
15. dk3 : OK

Umm there is a limit to what free hosts can give to you, :D

1. Portland ( very slow )
2. Marhost ( very slow )
3. jaha.dk ( deleted my account 10 mins after i uploaded a index file )
4. skaggy ( non-exist )
5. webhost4u.sinfree.net ( no reply yet )

1. webhost4u.sinfree.net
2. Marhost
3. Portland
4. coolfreepages.com/iwebland/coolfreehost
5. virtualave.net/hypermart/freeyellow

Last edited:
Originally posted by heukw
1. Portland : (was very slow long back, but now i donno coz am not able to connect )
3. Angelfire : (ok, but they are blocked in China)
4. Spaceports : (bad, can't connect )
5. Geocities : (ok, but they are blocked in China)
7.coolfreewebpages : slooooooooooooow
8.netfirms.com Was ok before but now not accessible

Yep, Portland, Spaceports, Geocities, and Netfirms are blocked over here in China. Angelfire sites used to be blocked in China, but that ban seems to be LONG lifted, as I can access just about every Angelfire site now. When you say Coolfreewebpages, do you mean CoolFreePages? They blocked Asian visitors, so I'm surprised you can access them.

Originally posted by roly
1. webhost4u.sinfree.net
2. Marhost
They are both done by the same one guy, and now they are both those email scams. I guess the guy lost a lot of money on the original Marhost, that he is trying to get some back by False Advertising.

I can handle that. We made neither best nor worst, heck we didnt even get on the list :D

I could easily make it the best, but the best never last :confused2
Warez and abusers always kill them off... if it wasnt for them, you would have a lot of great choices in free hosts..

Absolute worst host - Crosswinds... a f**king joke..
2nd - Portland
3rd - website4u.sinfree.net... worse scam than skaggy and demented combined IMO
4th - Skaggy
5th - Demented.org
6th - Marhost for false advertising
7th - Geoshitties for the bandwidth limit imposed per hour
8th - 0catch for the same thing as geo
9th - Xoasis for a simply crap host.. not great speed, hotlinkable for the longest time, VERY bad ads
10th - Tripod.com/Angelfire for simply existing... better than geoshitties but not by enough
11th - Hypermart for requiring a Credit Card for FREE hosting..
12th - Kilio/Coolfreepages.. I rank them as a tie for shit speed and reliability
13th - F2S for dying
14th - Liquidphlux for dying and not accepting my site :p
15th - jaha.dk for giving me a 403 errors EVERY single time I try to view it

Yes I was bored.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Yep, Portland, Spaceports, Geocities, and Netfirms are blocked over here in China. Angelfire sites used to be blocked in China, but that ban seems to be LONG lifted, as I can access just about every Angelfire site now. When you say Coolfreewebpages, do you mean CoolFreePages? They blocked Asian visitors, so I'm surprised you can access them.

hey conkermaniac

yeah i meant http://www.coolfreepages.com/ it can be access ed in china.

Both www.lycos.com and www.angelfire.com all are blocked in china.

<offtopic>
When i first came to china i was very surprised to see the long list of sites blocked here, many of them had nothing to do with politics. Now i got used to everything :D
</offtopic>

crosswinds.net is the worst host I ever used. When they had ftp, unlimited webspace, they delete your things all so "accidentally" every few weeks

Then they switched to web upload, ads (after they lied about never going to have ads), super-tight censorships..

they are liars and pathetic

The worst?

I think it will be crosswinds.net, and also coolfreepages.com

When you say Coolfreewebpages, do you mean CoolFreePages? They blocked Asian visitors, so I'm surprised you can access them

They blocked Asia visitors? Can access them easily here.

Originally posted by the elf
A little old, no?

Last Post: 02-25-2002 11:23 PM
That it is, people need to look at the date before posting. Just cuz the post has recently been linked doesn't mean its relevant anymore.

Originally posted by Miller
That it is, people need to look at the date before posting. Just cuz the post has recently been linked doesn't mean its relevant anymore.

just because the recent title concerning this issue is closed by moderator and linked to this title ..then there become the only place to express??
but i was not a member yet at that time

Or are that a rule that old title are not able to reply??but worse hosts are always under freeusers' concern

Originally posted by Valkyrie

just because the recent title concerning this issue is closed by moderator and linked to this title ..then there become the only place to express??
but i was not a member yet at that time

Or are that a rule that old title are not able to reply??but worse hosts are always under freeusers' concern

Seems the person deleted the post (why, I don't know).

Why would you want to drag a topic on and on and on for. Let it die! It should have been a hint why the mods/admins closed it, because they have no value other then to cause trouble.

I think the people that started all the “good”, “fair” & “crappy” host threads need to grow up a little. A better question would have been “Who is your favorite host and why” rather then what host is the best, what host is the fairest and who just sucks. Why? Because nobody will agree on the same host, so you’ll never be able to call a host good/fair/crappy because each person will have a need you don’t. Some people like a stable host rather then want to scam them by running a forum. Some people praise a host because they offer everything. You will call it good & another person will say they suck (vice versa). Plus, the host to user ratio here is less then perfect so you can’t really rate a host (with thousands of users if not tens or hundreds of thousands or even millions of users) from under 20 votes. So just tell us why you like them, and let people make up their own mind based on what the person needs.

A simple answer to the question would be..

If you signup with a host that blocks your traffic, or never sends you the email with your password, take the hint and dish out a few bucks for a real host! Don’t sit here and whine because your cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back