• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Opera

Coolin

NL[C]
NLC
A while ago, if you went to Opera's website, you would see their slogan: Opera, the Fastest Browser on Earth.

Now, if you go to their site, you see this instead: Opera, Simply the Best Internet Experience.

Has Mozilla overtaken Opera? :confused:

I think he's asking if Opera no longer markets itself as the fastest since Mozilla is now faster.

I remember when it was touted as the smallest, fitting entirely on a single floppy disk. That didn't last long.

Mozilla isn't faster than opera and opera isn't the fastest, It may have happened but I have never heard of mozilla taking over.

If I were Opera, I wouldn't lose the awesome claim of being the fastest browser on earth for some corney thing only Microsoft and Apple would think up like "the best internet experience." The only reason I would change it to something like that is if the claim were false. I'm just saying that perhaps another browser (probably Mozilla) took over the speed crown.

I don't know how one ascertains which is fastest (I mean, fastest in what? Doing what? On what? Etc.) but since 0.9.8 it's always seemed faster to me. I do agree, it doesn't seem like a slogan to give up for no pressing reason, but I don't know for sure what Opera thinks or what their goal is.

No I don't think they changed there "slogan" because mozilla is faster because mozilla is pretty slow. Maybe they just thought the new one would be better

No one in their right mind would give up:
The Fastest Browser on Earth!

for some dumb crap like:
Simply the Best Internet Experience

No I don't think they changed there "slogan" because mozilla is faster because mozilla is pretty slow.
I know you find Mozilla slow, you've made that point more than clear, but most, myself included, find it astonishingly fast. I don't say fastest because, as I said, I don't know how such a quality is determined, but Coolin's point seems as though it could be right. I don't know for sure, I've no inside knowledge about Opera or even heard any rumors of it. This is all speculation.

Well "The Fastest Browser on Earth!" sounds cheasy, something a bunch of kids (like us) would like. Or Something a cars sells man would say
sounds professional and to the point

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Well "The Fastest Browser on Earth!" sounds cheasy, something a bunch of kids (like us) would like. Or Something a cars sells man would say
sounds professional and to the point

Your idea of "cheesy" is the opposite of mine, as I find "Simply the Best Internet Experience" cheesy and very dull. "The Fastest Browser On Earth!" gets your attention. Makes it stand out in a crowd. If they can back up their claim, they should use "The Fastest Browser On Earth!" by all means.

I am not gonna argue, I have had a bad day and I'll end up saying something that will get my banned. They are the company, we are a bunch of teenager (majority) so let them do what they want we have no say in it either way

I would assume that Opera would not want their slogan to be a title. That way everyone else strives to be better. And then say...Mozilla does get faster, well, Opera can't use that title anymore.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
And then say...Mozilla does get faster, well, Opera can't use that title anymore.
Except for the tiny text near the download button, it's not using it anyways.

Back