• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

OpenBB

They've moved to http://www.openbb.com . Iansoft is no longer involved since Ace somehow eliminated Iansoft and created a new organization with himself in charge.

There's a new release now (RC3) for testers, but not yet a download link for everyone else.

Originally posted by JustinSurfer
probbably is the best free one apart from phpBB, but phpBB2 is not very customisable at the moment.
I totaally disagree with you. Almost anything is better than openbb.

Originally posted by Akalon

I totaally disagree with you. OpenBB is good :mad:
Forums better than openbb:

wbb
phpbb
yabbse
ibforums (php version)
vbulletin
xmb
And the list goes on. Almost anything is better than openbb. If you think a forum looks ugly then customize it. You can easily customize phpbb by editting the template files. openbb is very hard to customize.

Also check out this thread:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20388&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by cheatpark

Forums better than openbb:

wbb
phpbb
yabbse
ibforums (php version)
vbulletin
xmb
And the list goes on. Almost anything is better than openbb.

My list of forums better than openbb:

phpbb
vbulletin

:rolleyes:

YabbSE is just cgi yabb coded in php. XMB sucks totally. WBB might be ok, but I hate it. Don't know about IBForums, they looked nice though.

Originally posted by cheatpark
openbb is very hard to customize.

If you use the default templates from RC2, well of course it is. :rolleyes: I made myself a template set many months ago that made full use of template varabiles, and so when I've added OpenBB forums to my other sites it's been exceptionally quick to change the entire color scheme.

I prefer to judge forums by their potential when someone makes an effort, rather than by what someone gets out of them by being lazy.

i've found a fact in openbb source

it opens about 100 templates each time it executed(from a mysql db) and use only about 5-6 of them

it sucks and it's very hard to write a template for it.

Back