• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

online payments

andy_jacko

I dont need this for a site or anything (yet) I am just curious, when selling things on the net how do you get the cash from a few numbers on a credit card to cash in your Bank Account. I know you use a form or shopping cart using a ssl connection but what then.

I hope you can help (and that this is in the correct forum if it isnt I applogise)

regards

Andy:)

well there are quite a few services that will do it for you and take a percent of your sales.

BTW, I've had no personal first-hand experience with PayPal, but I see that many large companies are using it as a payment method.

paypal

I use paypal - for both recurring subscription based stuff- to auctions to just paying designers and such. There are a ton of options that make it really easy to use- highly recommended :)

Use PayPal

I also would suggest using PayPal. That is what I am going to use when I help my friend start up a site that will accept payments.

hmmm...

I am currently with www.2checkout.com and this sounds interesting to me...

I can to recurring billing and shite, but one question, would paypal let me modify their forms?

I know my current ecomm company lets me edit their forms and such which works out well when people are buying hosting, etc...

Thanks,

Mekhu

All company forms are customizable...they have to be.

Paypal is one of the worst because they force your customer to sign-up with their services. It's the most popular simply because it's free (no start-up or monthly)...but scares many a customer away with a big form.

The very best are the ones that simply process your customers credit-card, period. Unfortunately, they're not free. You gets what you pays for....:D

Last edited:
my account with 2checkout.com does exactly what you said, process and thats it! It only costs me like $50 setup and then you pay a percentage on whatever you make... no monthly or hidden costs though!

Hi zoobie,

As an FYI, we are looking at the issue of non-account creation for cc payments. However, the account creation affords us some really strong anti-fraud (chargebacks) measures to help protect merchants/individuals. One advantage is that users can also utilize the subscription service.

Thanks for your comments!

Back