• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

okie decided to get hosted

jiji

I'd like to know if there is any decent web hosts for under 10$/ month....it's just for personal use, no business stuff
just kinda getting started with web stuff...so I dont know all the technical terms...but must be able to upload/display movie files that are about around 2-3 mgs.....so it's gotta be able to do this and have a decent ftp...or maybe someone can tell me where I can get a free one?
any suggusetions?
jiji

oh...and I dont have a credit card and dont have check stuff...is there any hosts that take money orders/certified checks via mail?

If you're a beginner, I'd get some free hosting first for a while, then when you're sure about what you'll need for your video site, you'll be ready.

A good free host for hosting videos would be http://www.spaceports.com , but be aware that they only have 1 gig of bandwidth a month. :)

If you want to jump directly into hosting, a good host would be http://www.atlnetworks.com . They recently bought Dellz.com, another paid host, and seem very reliable. I haven't had any problems with them myself yet, and they are very cheap.

Their cheapest plan is 30 dollars a year for 65 megs, 3 gigs of bandwidth a month, and 1 MySQL account.

Good luck! ;)

EDIT: I think you can mail ATLNetworks a check, that's what I did at Dellz.com before they were bought. Ask them, they have good tech support.

thanks!
I'm not quite a beginner..but I'm not a professional either...and that's why I want some thing good, but not corporate level prices...
so you have atlnetworks? and youve been pleased?
I tried spaceports, but they were very confusing...couldnt find the file manager/ftp/anything.....very confused...navigation was terrible....not very clear....

Originally posted by jiji
thanks!
I'm not quite a beginner..but I'm not a professional either...and that's why I want some thing good, but not corporate level prices...
so you have atlnetworks? and youve been pleased?
I tried spaceports, but they were very confusing...couldnt find the file manager/ftp/anything.....very confused...navigation was terrible....not very clear....

I've been very pleased with them. Very good tech support, fast server, and best of all their cheap prices.

They're a good host to start out with. I'm not an advanced guy either, and they've been excellent for me.

Good luck! :)

Back