• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Okay review of completely finished layout

Originally posted by Archbob
I'll look into changing the font, for some reason, I am attracted to the comic font, but I may change to verenda sometime.

Comic Sans, IMHO, is only good for signs and calanders.

Giancarlo, compared to your site, yes, my does have way too many cateogories, but compared to many of my competitors, my site does not have as many.

But do you really want to follow the industry standards or make new standards?

well....

I (like is0lized) havent read all the posts... not in the mood right now...

One suggestion,....

I like the shadow thing you got goin on in the middle table. Why dont you implement that in the other 2 tables. it would look alot better. And not as sloppy if everything looks the same.

And you should put that cool logo pro5ject made for you on the other pages of the site also. The old text thing just isnt working.

Good luck btw! Hopefully it will turn out to be a site ill WANT to go to some day. Cya

:: Lokannon

heh...

I noticed that too... looks like the thing thats dropping the shadow is coming form 2 seperate directions... :confused2 :confused2

I would take away the top left part. And put the bottom right part on the other 2 tables.

:D

:: Lokannon

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I'll probably change the font to verenda for the navigation in the next few weeks(adding offers right now). As for the shadow thing, I see people have different opinions about that, I'll think I'll keep it as it is for the moment.

Actually, I plan to follow industry standards, the more categories you have , the more content you have, the more ads you can put in, and the more visitors you will get. All the very successful freebie site have tons of categories. Check out
www.thefreesite.com
www.freebiesplanet.com
www.freebieland.net

Now when I build my site for world conquest ---- I might not follow industry standards.

Back