• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ok, Need Your Input again. What are you people looking for in a FWP?

What I meant with the frames is that when a website uses frames the banner does not appear on every frame but only once, on a page the user can set.

Oh yeah... Forgot to mention the pop3 email stuff...
Well, every domain/subdomain will give u a unique username
examples:
www.clawz.com
subdomain.clawz.com

They both have their own mail box.
so the email would be:
www.clawz.com@clawz.com
subdomain.clawz.com@clawz.com

yea, I know it's too long, but you can always use the email forwarder.
examples:
webmaster@clawz.com would forward to www.clawz.com@clawz.com
subdomain@clawz.com would forward to subdomain.clawz.com@clawz.com

Might be able to check the mail by using subdomain@clawz.com, but I haven't tried it yet. Will try it and post the results later on. Around a week or so, still fixing the webserver stuff...

That seems like a good idea, but people can abuse that feature...
So if people are using frames, I suggest using the popup banner.

I don't think that is a good idea. A lot of people use frames and pop-ups are very annoying. I suppose you can only check for abuse manually so if you really want to prevent it you can only let them use popups.

Manually checking sites is time comsuming...
Well, for those people using frames, just minimize that popup banner so it won't popup again. Of course if you close it, it will popup again when you go to a different part of that specific subdomain/domain.

Keep in mind there is only one person doing everything at this point in time, me. Developing, maintaining, etc.

Last edited:
:mouth waters: That looks pretty darn good...I don't mind if you put banners, since you are making money ;) and that means our site is alive, you + $$$ = Hapiness for us and you! When will it be completely finished?

Mostly all the software part is done, but having problems with sendmail now
gonna fix that first
Apache webservers is all done, banners, ssl and so on

This next thing I need to do is to modify the scripts for Clawz.com to work with the new features and of course get some advertisiers.

Probably Clawz.com will be opened to the public by next year or so

Originally posted by Clawz.com
Mostly all the software part is done, but having problems with sendmail now
gonna fix that first
Apache webservers is all done, banners, ssl and so on

This next thing I need to do is to modify the scripts for Clawz.com to work with the new features and of course get some advertisiers.

Probably Clawz.com will be opened to the public by next year or so

Fehler auf Seiten. Sie haben signUp.shtml anstelle von signup.shtml im Navigationsstab.

Rather have a proper working FWP than one that will fall apart in 1 month...
And I can't read what ever language that is...

It is in German and it says something about signup.shtml but I don't get it because your website is not online yet. :confused:

I SAID

The link in the nav bar to the signup page is signUp.shtml .. and the actually page is signup.shtml .. so you will have to change it for it to work.

*** well i didn't say all of that ... *** .. but i was gonna ..

I understand that, but what I don't understand is why you said that, he clearly said that his site is not finished yet. (I thought it was not even online bat that appears to be a problem with my coputer).

Originally posted by Wezz
I understand that, but what I don't understand is why you said that, he clearly said that his site is not finished yet. (I thought it was not even online bat that appears to be a problem with my coputer).

ich versuchte nur zu helfen

Ich dachte gerade, daß es gut sein kann, daß es gibt keine Vermißtseiten.

Just forget what I said, clawz thanks you in the message above.
(I tried to type this message in German but I'm a whole lot better in reading it than in writing it.

Last edited:
Damn.. he looked so good until 2 gig transfer...
I hate bandwidth monitor worse than I hate... you... whoever you are...
BTW I don't care what you say about unlimited- prohosting gives you as much as you need thats within reason. Within reason= less than their paid hosting. GEOCITIES GIVES YOU 3 GIGS A MONTH EVEN!!!
I'll stick with prohosting (possibally korrupt if it speeds up) until then.
My dream host:
50 meg
A working add system for frames
BANDWIDTH!!!
CGI
.ht(etc)
SSI
Sendmail (prohosting's one fault)
PHP
MySQL without apply
Doesn't limit file extentions
Filesize limit of no less than 1.5 megs (I have a program that COMPRESSED is 1.4 megs big... I know my coding really sucks --- but I still provide it on site etc.
That's ZIPPED BTW...)
Lets see... did I mention BANDWIDTH?!
Argh...
Okay I don't care if you put up a banner AND a popup (not per frame..) if you took off bandwidth limit. Just use scanners for warez-esque sites and you should be fine.
In exchange 4 bwidth I would recommend
Slightly more adds of a reasonable sort
No RARS/MP3's
No excessive files
No excessive bandwidth (IE if they use more than 2 gigs EXAMINE the site be4 locking it)
Etc... you won't change will you... why bother with this post :(

Last edited:
(no subject)

Hey, don't talk to Clawz.com like that. That's just disrespect, man. Oh yeah, and you didn't mention how much bandwidth you need. Anyways, like Clawz.com said... he can't satisfy everyone for what they want :cry2: and holy cow 10 pages :p!!

Back